Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he should've come off the pitch on Monday night a hero, not so much a goal scoring hero for supporters but a hero to his under pressure teammates for giving his all, relieving pressure by keeping the ball, winning free kicks, tirelessly working the line and running the channels.

He's not the top CF he thinks he is but we are dependent on him for goals and any new deal is good news but above all I think it's good business.

great news tbh, for all his flaws, our fans are deluded if they think we can attract a better goalscorer right now.
It's the ol' Football Manager mentality although they all probably use the editor anyway. He's got his flaws but he has a terrific goal scoring return.

In the mainstay, it's our failure to provide him with enough respectful opportunities rather than any issues with Rom himself.

It's the ol' Football Manager mentality although they all probably use the editor anyway. He's got his flaws but he has a terrific goal scoring return.

In the mainstay, it's our failure to provide him with enough respectful opportunities rather than any issues with Rom himself.
Lad doesn't try a leg and that's no-ones fault but his own. He gets marked out of games because he stands still, offers nothing outside the box and forward moves break down and that puts us under enormous pressure.

He is what he is. He's not Lineker, or Rush, or Costa. He doesn't defend from the front. Get used to it. He does, however, put the ball in the net. I understand that we've had so many players who could do that over the years! Oh no, hang on a minute, we haven't had one since about 1992.

People need to stop whinging about his work rate. If we had a midfield that worked harder and had more quality, he wouldn't have to run around fruitlessly all game.

Lad doesn't try a leg and that's no-ones fault but his own. He gets marked out of games because he stands still, offers nothing outside the box and forward moves break down and that puts us under enormous pressure.

tbf after making 3 years worth of runs with no actual playmaker to play him the ball, i think he's just given up

He is what he is. He's not Lineker, or Rush, or Costa. He doesn't defend from the front. Get used to it. He does, however, put the ball in the net. I understand that we've had so many players who could do that over the years! Oh no, hang on a minute, we haven't had one since about 1992.

People need to stop whinging about his work rate. If we had a midfield that worked harder and had more quality, he wouldn't have to run around fruitlessly all game.
Unless he starts doing some goal-line clearances for us, then he should be dropped for Kone.
Maybe some starts as a DM would help him.

Frustrating player, but as long as he scores 20+ a season, I'll be alright.
It's a shame we never seem to get the best out of him, or at least that's how it looks to me.

I'm gonna leave it now because it's the season of good will to all men and that but why is it everyone elses responsibility to put in a shift and not Rom?. The midfield has to work harder yet he's allowed to cover the least amount of distance than every other player in the whole premier league?. Under immense pressure the other night and rather than stick his chest out and start knocking fellas about he strolls around pointing and flapping when a pass isnt inch perfect. Even the commentator was on him for walking along when we were out wide left. Instead of looking around he needs to look at himself and ask "Did I do enough" and there's no way on Monday night he could have honestly said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back