Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lukaku,yes he can be so lazy,but hes basically the only one that seems like he can score,its a bit hard when half the time our defence/midfielders cant to get the ball to the front like a few games have proved,but as ever he could come back and look for it instead of moaning,but i honestly dont see the point of signing a new contract if he or his agent still say he might leave at the end of the season even if its to add a few more million,he still has 3 years,and even if he doesnt go,we will have the usual transfer stuff off him leaving with his agent saying what he has,so we will be going in circles,

I like Lukaku,yes he can be so lazy,but hes basically the only one that seems like he can score,its a bit hard when half the time our defence/midfielders cant to get the ball to the front like a few games have proved,but as ever he could come back and look for it instead of moaning,but i honestly dont see the point of signing a new contract if he or his agent still say he might leave at the end of the season even if its to add a few more million,he still has 3 years,and even if he doesnt go,we will have the usual transfer stuff off him leaving with his agent saying what he has,so we will be going in circles,

Here we go

How ??? The club have played a blinder here , he's gotta play for us either way to get us to champion league team or the champion league teams have to buy him out for 80 million .

I think Rom will sign his new contract but I can't see him seeing it out. Unless we do some unreal business in January, I can see this just being convenient for all parties until he decides to move on. Hopefully this won't be the case and we can build a team around him starting in January but even then, his work rate will have to improve...
I agree, I think it just protects us from him walking away on a free when the current one expires ans he gets the ego boost of being a £50mill+ player, and his agents cut

Rom would score 30+ goals a season if he had someone feeding the ball into him regularly and consistently. Such bad timing; he's so sought after by big clubs and he probably wants to go, so we'll sell him, and the irony is that we'll probably turn around and buy a (hopefully) fantastic #10 with that money. Then who do they pass it to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...anchester-United-not-bid-Victor-Lindelof.html

Romelu Lukaku's new contract at Everton will not have an exit clause.

The Belgium striker is close to agreeing a four to five year deal worth more than £110,000 a week as Everton protect their asset.

Everton were resolute last summer that he would not be sold and scared suitors off by saying it would take over £70million to prise the 23-year-old away.

The fact he has agreed to a new contract has come as a surprise in many quarters with Everton stuttering to deliver on promises they can make a step up in level under Ronald Koeman.

The Goodison Park club know Lukaku wants to play Champions League football and Europe's elite have him on their list of options but rather than have a ready-made escape clause in his deal, all parties have agreed to simply maintain open communication with each other.

Lukaku's agent Mino Raiola did not have a clause with Paul Pogba and is happy to work in a similar fashion on Lukaku.

Everton have told him they are ambitious and Raiola is willing to give them a chance, saying: 'Romelu is ambitious to better himself. There is nothing wrong with that. People should be worried if they have players at their clubs who are not ambitious.

'The key is for Everton to match that ambition and from what I have heard that is what they want. They could have easily sold Romelu last summer but they didn't.

'I think people are underestimating the desire and drive Everton have to make this new project work. They have the ambition to make it a great club again so we will see where it takes everyone in the next year or so.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back