Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredible how he's still being slated by some. He gets one decent goalscoring opportunity and buries it but still people moan because they think "he doesn't work hard enough". He's a striker, work to him is scoring goals. He scored off the only decent chance he had all day. Sure some people think he should be a Suarez or Ronaldo where he can start an attack from nothing and take on entire back-lines by himself.

Today he equalled Cantona's Premier League goal's tally and is one short of Duncan's having played half as many games. Yet people still moan, it's unbelievable. Very real possibility we could have been relegated last year without him and this year we'd be right down there again.

Which ended up in the channel...

Not sure what you mean mate

I mean that, he doesn't do that every game, which is what other players are judged by.
He doesn't work the frontline, when we're meant to be pressing.
He doesn't do what 'top' forwards do, which is do it every single game.
If he 'outbeasted' every defender he played against, then ok he would be a top player but, he doesn't and isn't.

I mean that, he doesn't do that every game, which is what other players are judged by.
He doesn't work the frontline, when we're meant to be pressing.
He doesn't do what 'top' forwards do, which is do it every single game.
If he 'outbeasted' every defender he played against, then ok he would be a top player but, he doesn't and isn't.

He just did it though, literally everything you ask of him he just did it today.

He worked the channel, 'outbeasted' (I should have stopped reading there) Wes Morgan when he wasn't favourite for the ball and then beat another defender before slotting expertly.

He also did it against Arsenal in the dying seconds before laying off an open goal.

Have a look a look at the quotes from the manager.

The message to him at half-time was to tell him that sometimes he runs too much (out wide) and that he needed to stay up front

Reactions: DRM
he doesn't do that every game

He just did it though, literally everything you ask of him he just did it today.
He worked the channel, 'outbeasted' (I should have stopped reading there) Wes Morgan when he wasn't favourite for the ball and then beat another defender before slotting expertly.
He also did it against Arsenal in the dying seconds before laying off an open goal.
Have a look a look at the quotes from the manager.

I'll reply to your edited version....
You only needed to read the "he doesn't do that every game" bit.

o_O

Weirdest reply ever!
GK who lets in a goal but, tries to stop them. As opposed to, a striker who doesn't always score but, when he doesn't, is at least meant to run around and press?
A strikers job is to score goals as a goalkeepers job is to keep clean sheets.

Lukaku scores 15-20 goals in all comps every season. He is doing his job. At a great level.

Not when the manager says "we need to press from the front".
He still does press though. If you can't see that you either aren't watching Everton or are choosing to ignore it. The manager has also praised him many times so he must be doing something right.

Stop focussing on what he isn't ( a Steven Naismith or strac) and focus on what he is. One of the highest scoring players over the past 5 years, one of the top scorers in recent history of his age and one of our best strikers in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back