Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom single handedly kept us up for two seasons.

Not really... we have been bad but not as bad as Walter smith days... we were going down and in the relagation zone if I remember correctly... Campbell scpr s like 9 goals in 6 games and single handedly kept us in the prem

Hopefully Van Dijk. Soton will sell, have been a selling club. I deem it depends on the price.

And sign Depay, another mate of Lukaku.

Southampton have indeed sold players - but that was not because they needed the money. They have all the financial resources they need.

But they're unlikely to sell both Fonte and van Dyke in this window.

Southampton have indeed sold players - but that was not because they needed the money. They have all the financial resources they need.

But they're unlikely to sell both Fonte and van Dyke in this window.

True. Just wishful thinking in particular Fonte had handed in transfer request.

If he had been sent off it would have been overturned. I didn't hear one pundit mention it. No story here.
Even the City fans agree looking at their thread for Otamendi, just a couple of examples -

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/nicolas-otamendi-2016-17-performances.323405/page-100
"Really haven't taken to him at all. I think it's the play acting - it's gets right on my .... Ok, he makes mistakes defensively, but he's in good company there, it's definitely the rolling around."

"His play acting says it all. A disgrace of a man."

You know, my criticism of Lukaku is a joke to some, but the sentiment is real. He's definitely a decent lad and a great scorer of goals, but I really think we'd benefit from a better all-round striker.

I know. But that's just as I'm convinced he can be that all-round striker. He has progressed immensely the last 3 years. It is easier to teach a goal scorer to start playing football, than to teach a football player to score goals.
If the team (or some players at least) plays higher up the pitch, he can be a great hold-up player.

Just listening to TalkSport - Ray Parlour asked him this morning (as he was picking Yannick Bolasie up for training) whether he is going to Chelsea and whether he could tell the Everton fans whether he was happy at Everton.

Now, we all know that he will leave in the summer. We know it. He knows it. Everyone knows it.

But rather than say something like "I am very happy at the moment. I can't predict the future but I am enjoying my football". You know, something slightly humble, he said (para):

"I am just focusing on this season and not thinking about anything"

Perhaps some on here may say potato potato but I just can't remember him ever saying something which makes me believe he is appreciative of playing for us, not since his permanent transfer press conference anyway.

He may be different behind closed doors but to me, it's instances like this which always keep me at arms length in respect of my appreciation of him.

He's a top, top player. Born goalscorer.
I just won't be that arsed when he leaves. Not because I think he should stay forever - of course not - just because whilst he's here I want him to look like he gives a damn and enjoys playing for us. If he doesn't, he should have left in the summer.
I'll get off my soap box now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back