Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh dear, you're right

I apologise profusely and no offence was intended whatsoever

I'm honestly not like that. I'll delete the post right away

Once again, profuse apologies

I'm only messing mate. We knew what you meant. No biggy.

Haha, would love to know what he said. It's okay Mikey, I don't think anyone on this forum would interpret your posts in their worst context

Biggest shame is he's most likely to leave soon, when only now we are getting a team that can play to his benefits.

Almost like we signed him at the wrong time. A striker who would have been worthy of taking us back up to the top.

Thanks mate I've still deleted it as I don't want to upset anyone

It was an honest mistake on my part and I apologise if anyone was offended

Chill your beans Mikey - Technically and legally there is nothing wrong with the saying what you used even though it has become synonymous with some form of racism.

It is one of those that is very much in the political correctness category in the same way as people who get bent out of shape being asked if they want their coffee black or white, have chalkboards rather than blackboards and have dry wipe marker boards rather than white boards.

Political correctness is a load of tripe and has no standing in racial equality laws!

To call a spade a spade or call a spade a shovel is a figurative expression which refers to explicitly calling something as it is, by its right name. The implication is that one tells the truth about the nature of the thing, speaking frankly and directly about it, including subjects, even if coarse, or considered impolite or unpleasant. The phrase was defined in 1913 as being "outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness", adding that it implies ones calling "things by their proper names without any 'beating about the bush'".

The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur.

Chill your beans Mikey - Technically and legally there is nothing wrong with the saying what you used even though it has become synonymous with some form of racism.

It is one of those that is very much in the political correctness category in the same way as people who get bent out of shape being asked if they want their coffee black or white, have chalkboards rather than blackboards and have dry wipe marker boards rather than white boards.

Political correctness is a load of tripe and has no standing in racial equality laws!

To call a spade a spade or call a spade a shovel is a figurative expression which refers to explicitly calling something as it is, by its right name. The implication is that one tells the truth about the nature of the thing, speaking frankly and directly about it, including subjects, even if coarse, or considered impolite or unpleasant. The phrase was defined in 1913 as being "outspoken, blunt, even to the point of rudeness", adding that it implies ones calling "things by their proper names without any 'beating about the bush'".

The phrase predates the use of the word "spade" as an ethnic slur against African Americans, which was not recorded until 1928; however, in contemporary society, the idiom is often avoided due to potential confusion with the slur.

He's called somebody a spade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back