Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like 83/84 (albeit our league position is much better than it was then). By that I mean a young team hungry to prove themselves, to become winners for the first time.

We do that this season we will retain our best players.

A year before my time, but from what I've heard and read I agree. Something special is in the air. I just hope we follow through with it. Should be winning far more than drawing or losing for the next couple of months now.

I really believe we have something at our club that others don't, a bond, family feeling etc, that personal touch that makes it harder for a player to leave us than say a Spurs or Liverpool. Combined with a Champions League finish, it should be enough to keep our best.

All up to the team though!

A year before my time, but from what I've heard and read I agree. Something special is in the air. I just hope we follow through with it. Should be winning far more than drawing or losing for the next couple of months now.

I really believe we have something at our club that others don't, a bond, family feeling etc, that personal touch that makes it harder for a player to leave us than say a Spurs or Liverpool. Combined with a Champions League finish, it should be enough to keep our best.

All up to the team though!

Agree there's something special building, a forward thinking manager, a young exceptionally talented squad, a genuine prospect of a chance at silverware, well positioned for a go at EL qualification and the prospect of new owners.

Very good time to be a blue.

We are talking about looking players to more successful club either in the winter or next summer's window. The players under threat appear to be
Stones;
Lukaku;
Coleman;
Barkley;
McCarthy,
Deulofeu

Plus a couple of other youngsters.

Maybe, just maybe they might think "We will all stay put and make a Everton a more successful club".

Owen, Fowler, Rooney and Ronaldo that's some company to be in as a goal scorer.

Now, if we can keep him and allow our achievements to match his ambition.

Two of them scored some of those 50 goals for EFC.

Another two grew up as Evertonians.

I have said on other boards many times before......Everton Football Club is the bedrock upon which English football stands.

I hope I live long enough to see us become the first club to have been crowned champions in three different centuries ;)

(I am sure we will win it again before Sunderland or Villa :))

Do we play Leicester soon? McCarthy should put a stop to his goalscoring exploits!!
We've got them coming up in a few weeks before end of the year. Hoping they'll have a dip in form by then...or at least a spell of injuries...especially to Vardy and Mahrez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back