Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a very good player with bags more potential, but sometimes he's hard to love....and that's strange for a top notch goal scorer. That said, I think he'll stay as it's as clear as day that Koeman is aiming high and is ruthless in getting there.

You would think Europa would be his tipping point, no Europa, no decision to make, if we get Europa and get some quality in, he might give us another 12months, maybe.

The boy opens his trap now and again, but hes an amazing goalscorer, despite his flaws, we are very lucky to have a player of his talent.

Once again MG, I struggle to see the teams that are going to be looking to pay the money for him. He's where he needs to be at the moment, somewhere he can challenge for Europe yet still be allowed the patience to improve.

Saying that, if he goes mad from now until the end of the campaign, we could be at the mercy of the big boys who think this is the season he needs and proves himself to be amongst the best.

Here's hoping he stays for at least 12 more months. God knows we need him.

What the hell is your problem? He isn't even saying he wants to move to a bigger club, just sayin he is focussed on this season and getting into Europe with Everton!!
And then in the summer he'll decide if we're worthy enough to have him around.

Don't say anything and just carry on with the football.

And then what? Lukaku is so arrogant, he doesn't want to talk to press? Get a life son!
Eh, that makes no sense. Also, you can debate with insults, you know?

His continuous talking about whether or not he is going to move is not acceptable.

It wasn't acceptable when we were going to Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final, and it isn't acceptable now.

It is simple - answer no questions regarding a move during the season.

To be honest taking my blue tinted glasses off it would be hard to deny him a move in the summer if we haven't brought in 3 or 4 relatively big signings.

Despite his public airing of opinion, when all is said and done he is still here, and has given us 4 good years, even if I think he could and can do better sometimes.

The earlier we do business in the summer and show ambition, the better our chances of keeping him.

I expect if things drag into mid July and beyond without good signings, the pressure on him to leave will increase.

His continuous talking about whether or not he is going to move is not acceptable.

It wasn't acceptable when we were going to Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final, and it isn't acceptable now.

or, and this might be a bit out there, you can calm down about an adult talking openly about their future. Very odd to get so worked up by it

He literally said that he doesn't want to think about that now, that he's focussed on the season with Everton.
Really don't see a problem with that answer..

To be honest taking my blue tinted glasses off it would be hard to deny him a move in the summer if we haven't brought in 3 or 4 relatively big signings.

Despite his public airing of opinion, when all is said and done he is still here, and has given us 4 good years, even if I think he could and can do better sometimes.

The earlier we do business in the summer and show ambition, the better our chances of keeping him.

I expect if things drag into mid July and beyond without good signings, the pressure on him to leave will increase.

I agree with you, Lukaku is a talent, he can score goals and that is a talent the big clubs want to buy. I am glad he thinks he can play for a Champions League club, I want players with ambition. I want Everton to match that ambition, I want Koeman to be allowed to put together a squad that will bring us to the CL with Lukaku.

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with him moving on to a better club if Everton are content with mid-table football. We can't expect players to deny their ambition just because the club they are at doesn't have the same level of aspiration.

He has given us plenty of time to sort ourselves out, maybe just maybe, we have started to do so and he will realise his dreams of playing CL football on a regular basis and he will realise it at Goodison, or New Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back