Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
feature-Not-for-sale-shutterstock-600x250.jpg

I can't recall a match where Rom has been as hungry for the ball. He was constantly asking for it and making things happen.

I dream of him staying longer, but if he goes it needs to be at least £70m.

It's what I've wanted him to do for ages. It was the perfect game from him, and the fact he scored four goes to show he can involve himself heavily in the overall game and still score goals.

Old Lukaku would have taken that shot on. Good awareness to give the ball to Coleman and set himself up in the process. Brilliant today. Could have even had a penalty had he gone down in the box, but he is too strong for his own good!

It's what I've wanted him to do for ages. It was the perfect game from him, and the fact he scored four goes to show he can involve himself heavily in the overall game and still score goals.

Yep, he was superb today and has been way more regularly this season.

Obviously loads of people on here would have been happy if he pulled his deckchair out after his first goal and put his feet up for 89 mins cause "he's done what he's paid to do and scored a goal", then watched as we drew 1-1 and claimed we would have lost 1-0 if it wasn't for him.

But he didn't do that, he continued to get involved all game, and if i remember rightly 3 of his goals (not the dodgy pass back) came hugely in part because of his hold up play and workrate to get involved rather than stand there with his hands on his hips.

He helped himself and the team today, by doing more he scored more goals and the team got a better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back