Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im one of his biggest critics but he was outstanding today. Not his goals, we all know how clinical he is, but the rest of his game today. That is the type of performance I want to see from him consistently.

Compare today where he was winning his battles, controlling the ball properly and finding players with his lay offs - all round top class CF play, to Stoke when he didnt get involved, lost his battles and his first touch was terrible. Total opposite ends of quality.

The battle to hold on to him will be as hard as we make it. We simply have to match his ambition. Get European football and get a squad that can compete in Europe and he can fulfil his potential here.
Don't do that and simply be content with being best of the rest and it will be very difficult to get a player of his ability to stay.

Yep, he was superb today and has been way more regularly this season.

Obviously loads of people on here would have been happy if he pulled his deckchair out after his first goal and put his feet up for 89 mins cause "he's done what he's paid to do and scored a goal", then watched as we drew 1-1 and claimed we would have lost 1-0 if it wasn't for him.

But he didn't do that, he continued to get involved all game, and if i remember rightly 3 of his goals (not the dodgy pass back) came hugely in part because of his hold up play and workrate to get involved rather than stand there with his hands on his hips.

He helped himself and the team today, by doing more he scored more goals and the team got a better result.

Spot on.

That's why I don't get why criticising him is classed as irrationally hating him - it's really not; it's knowing what he has in his locker and hoping beyond hope he actually does it more often.

The goals are secondary to what you offer the team. Today he offered the team something that very few people in world football can - now the challenge for him is to do that on a regular basis and be a truly world class footballer instead of just a world class goalscorer.

massive respect goes out to davek for calling pre game that we should be woriied by Bouremouth and their quality squad/play. Battered!!, next argument please.

If you are going to have a go @davek tag him in properly and if you are going to have a go at him in the Lukaku thread let's have a look at what you've said.

His dad's in dream land if he thinks this kid is good enough for Bayern. The only champions league side coming in for him will be small time Italian sides. I have read Psg and lukaku mentioned, don't make me laugh, they will replace Ibrahimovic with a Superstar from one of the big Spanish clubs.

Because he is supposed to be a professional, the fact our manager is a no mark complete bell doesn't mean you down tools, the other 9 players last night fought for the shirt.

What top champions league outfit is going to buy him. Maybe get into Helsenborg or some scandanavian side.

Long gone, he won't be an everton player at the end of may.

You say you want 60 m for Lukaku and kane is overpriced. ? Most evertonians would walk over lukaku to get kane, the kid is the perfect centre forward and a young Englishmen who has a fantastic work ethic.

I'm not sure the club will try that hard to keep him. Most evertonians I know and from what I read on here don't want him at the club anymore , regardless of his goal scoring exploits , if you disrespect your club/team mates the gtfo.

If we do keep rom ,can we afford a disinterested player sulking up front for the first 10 games until the penny drops he is here for a while. His performance at the end of last year was like I'm off I can't be arsed. We al want a fully motivated rom firing for us this year ,money can't replace him, but if not lets get a deal done.

Yep lets keep our fingers crossed that he turns up next year. It's not like our whole striking options for the season depend on it or anything.

what's he doing when he's not putting the ball in the net (which is about 1 in 6 at the monent). total statue

Spot on.

That's why I don't get why criticising him is classed as irrationally hating him - it's really not; it's knowing what he has in his locker and hoping beyond hope he actually does it more often.

The goals are secondary to what you offer the team. Today he offered the team something that very few people in world football can - now the challenge for him is to do that on a regular basis and be a truly world class footballer instead of just a world class goalscorer.

Agree, how people can be happy with the 'he scores goals' shout even when he's terrible baffles me. Today has shown that he can be a lot more than just a world class goalscorer, he can be a world class player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back