Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply world class today but that's why we could rue failing to prove the claims/rumours of a massive budget, over 2 full windows.
I predict Lu won't sign a new contract before season end and will then be easily able to force his way out if he wants.
With just one year left we won't be able to demand 80m+ and will have to let him go for less in fear of losing him for free in a year.

massive respect goes out to davek for calling pre game that we should be woriied by Bouremouth and their quality squad/play. Battered!!, next argument please.

Good to see lukaku bringing energy to his game which is what many of those who weren't enamoured with his performances wanted. I'm laughing at the sarcy comments eg let's sell him he doesn't run enough. These people are actually to daft to realise that he's been well coached into running/ sprinting more ant at the right times in attack and defence. Would love to see the difference in yards covered/sprints made in the last couple of games compared to the Chelsea game

Simply world class today but that's why we could rue failing to prove the claims/rumours of a massive budget, over 2 full windows.
I predict Lu won't sign a new contract before season end and will then be easily able to force his way out if he wants.
With just one year left we won't be able to demand 80m+ and will have to let him go for less in fear of losing him for free in a year.
Pretty certain he has 2 years left at the end of the season mate. Same principle applies though.

The problem we have with Rom is a catch 22 one. We need him to have performances like today to finish high enough in the league to give us a chance of holding on to him. But the more performances he has like today?. Don't want to think about it.

If anyone was in doubt as to how important Rom is to this team....today was a demonstration of it. The real statement of intent from the club is to convince him of their ambition and to stay with us. When he's on pomp, he's world class.

Pretty certain he has 2 years left at the end of the season mate. Same principle applies though.

The problem we have with Rom is a catch 22 one. We need him to have performances like today to finish high enough in the league to give us a chance of holding on to him. But the more performances he has like today?. Don't want to think about it.
You're right. Lu's contract expires 30 June 2019. Phew!
Still going to be a big battle to hold on to him but not nearly as bad as I thought.

You're right. Lu's contract expires 30 June 2019. Phew!
Still going to be a big battle to hold on to him but not nearly as bad as I thought.
Battle to hold on to him will be just as hard. But it means we can still get a good price for him.

But if he doesn't commit to a new contract at some stage between now and Sept 1st, he's gone in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back