Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's playing like a 28 million pound player, if he goes in the summer and I'm pessimistic about this we will make a healthy profit on him.

After growing up in the 70's and 80's, witnessing absolutely boss players playing for Everton, and being extremely biased (who wouldn't be) towards the likes of the whole 83-87 side, Kanchelskis, Beardsley to name a few, I can safely say Rom is fast becoming worthy of mentioning alongside some of those names. I was excited when we got him on loan at 11:57pm on deadline day, then forking out 28mil to make him permanent, but he is boss, utter boss. His goal scoring ability has never been in question (with both his feet and head), but now we are seeing him mature, become a TEAM player, holding up the ball well, running off the ball, his positional sense - all vital components to a strikers game.

Ive read a lot of posts over this forum saying he is the best thing since Sharp. That's a massive compliment, and I agree with it. And he is only going to get better. Its difficult to pick out a favorite player right now because there are about 7-8 of them playing so well, but I have always loved me a center forward, who hasn't when you consider the ones Everton have had, there is just something special about Rom.

47 goals in less than 100 games for us - keep him at Everton for 5 more years+ (that will be very difficult) and he will be our all time leading goalscorer.

If we get investment that usually goes with the sale of a club, can keep hold of the likes of Rom, Stones, Barkley, Del, Seamus, Barkley, McCarthy, then we may, just may see something special here.

If we get investment that usually goes with the sale of a club, can keep hold of the likes of Rom, Stones, Barkley, Del, Seamus, Barkley, McCarthy, then we may, just may see something special here.
That's the key right there isn't it? We are once again at a crossroad at our Club.
We aren't too far away from the top 4. I believe 3 top players away adding to the young guns we have right now.Could be exciting times ahead, or TB Holdings continue to do their thing for another 5 years and it all goes terribly for us as one by one they start to leave.

Rom has just overtaken David Unsworth in the list of Evertons all time premier league goalscorers
hqdefault.jpg

anyone know where how i can find the stats of how he compares to the other players who scored 50 before 23 ? i.e how many games it took them ? thanks

That's the key right there isn't it? We are once again at a crossroad at our Club.
We aren't too far away from the top 4. I believe 3 top players away adding to the young guns we have right now.Could be exciting times ahead, or TB Holdings continue to do their thing for another 5 years and it all goes terribly for us as one by one they start to leave.

This all day. We will always be a maybe or nearly or can we.... Unless investment comes please let us get it!

He's on another level whenever Kone is on the pitch which makes me worry about another injury to Kone because he looks very isolated and lost at times without a pseudo-strike partner. Definitely need to find a long-term replacement for Trevor MacDonald to keep Rom at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back