Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Garth's team of the week as expected. In a really weird commentary, Crooks waffles on about winning trophies being he next step in Roms career. Is that another way of saying he needs a move, or is that just me being paranoid?

Really?

Scoring 30 PL goals is no mean feat.

In 24 seasons of the PL it has been done 9 times - 3 by Shearer and once apiece by Cole, Phillips, Henry, Ronaldo, RVP and Suarez

I'd love you to be right, but the odds are against it

I am not saying it will be easy but just my belief. If he doesn't get 30+, high 20's are pretty likely. I think he contains the greatest blend of physical attributes, finishing, and for the slack he gets a damn good footballer. He is our best player bar none and unfortunately whe we don't play well the best player gets the abuse. (Not saying he doesn't have poor games or is faultless)

He appears (based on Koeman's comments) to work hard in training and has a desire to get better. I just hope we can match his ambition and he can do it with us!

Said it the other day, but I don't think it's all about the big wages with Lukaku, we have to put out a big statement in the summer with signings, this could sway him to sign a new contract.

This.

In every interview he says that he wants to win silverware, now is the time to harvest etc. He doesn't want the obscene amounts of money like China or such; he just wants to win stuff. So serious reinforcements are required.

Said it the other day, but I don't think it's all about the big wages with Lukaku, we have to put out a big statement in the summer with signings, this could sway him to sign a new contract.

This.

In every interview he says that he wants to win silverware, now is the time to harvest etc. He doesn't want the obscene amounts of money like China or such; he just wants to win stuff. So serious reinforcements are required.

Exactly right. He wants to compete at the highest level, fighting for titles and trophies. We could pay him 200k a week and he still wouldnt want to stay if we keep finishing midtable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back