Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our recent form shows that when our forwards push on and don't simply ask Lukaku to pick the ball up back to goal while man-marked all the time, that's when you get the most out of him and he won't let you down. Now that those players are coming into form, Lukaku's getting better service and other players are occupying defenders, Lukaku has far more space and far better opportunities to work with.

If Barkley keeps up his form and others such as Coleman continue to provide quality service, Lukaku'll hit 25+ this year.

In less than 40 games, without penalties, in a side that struggled for a third of the season.

What a staggering achievement that'd be.

One of the most complete CF performances you could wish to see. The man is a beast. Last time I witnessed an Everton striker score 4 was Sharpy at The Dell, 87-88 season. Worth the wait!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/02/05/rom-how-boss-has-helped-me
Emphasis is mine.

"[...] he says the Toffees boss has played a crucial part since taking charge in the summer.

Asked what Koeman has done to help his game, Lukaku said: “Consistency. The manager now helps me with the extra details – with pressing, my running off the ball and also the mental aspect of the game.

“When he came in [as manager] we had a chat. He told me his ideas, I told him mine, and then he showed me from the start of what he wanted to do.

“He wants me to be focused at any time because he knows with my finishing, if I have the ball in the last minute I can decide the game.

“I’m a guy who works really hard on the training ground and I know hard work will pay off. That’s what the manager told me at the start of the season. I believed in his football philosophy and it helped me going forward. You always have to keep your mind open to different things. I trust the process of what he wants to do at this football club. He helps me and I’m delivering in whatever situation he wants to play.”

Lukaku vowed to keep putting in the work to help the Blues achieve a top-six finish this season.

The Toffees now boast a seven-match league unbeaten run, with the Belgian insisting extending that form, rather than his goalscoring numbers, are his priority.

“The most important thing is to make sure the team ends the season as high as possible,” added Lukaku.

“We have to aim for the top six, we are really close, and I have to help the team. If I can play my part that’s the best thing ever.

“I’m happy with the team. We are playing well since the start of the 2017 and we need to keep improving. I’m just focused on this moment in time. That’s the mistake I made last year when I looked too far ahead. Now for me it’s just game after game, improve, do my job and live day by day. I know how good I can be but I’m willing to put the work in and I know I can do it.”"

Slap £200k a week on the table for him now. Then any new player that comes in and demands to match it, tell them to 'koff until they've done what he's done for us over 4 years.
It is pretty impressive that we have kept him for 4 years. If he signs a contract extension it will certainly be 5. I don't think anyone would have imagined that when he signed on loan. Amazing he is still only 23

How come there's been absolutely no whisper of the new contract since it was 99% done in late December? I don't get this. No word from the agent, nothing from the club, not a peep from the supposed ITK's. This doesn't sound good to me.

The only reason he's still with Everton is because no other club wanted to pay our valuation last summer. I can't see that happening again. Someone will pay and he'll be gone. It's hard to see Lukaku leaving as anything other than a massive setback. We won't be able to get anyone better. We just have to hope we can get several good pieces and to make up for the loss.

How come there's been absolutely no whisper of the new contract since it was 99% done in late December? I don't get this. No word from the agent, nothing from the club, not a peep from the supposed ITK's. This doesn't sound good to me.

The only reason he's still with Everton is because no other club wanted to pay our valuation last summer. I can't see that happening again. Someone will pay and he'll be gone. It's hard to see Lukaku leaving as anything other than a massive setback. We won't be able to get anyone better. We just have to hope we can get several good pieces and to make up for the loss.

Express reporting it's signed ??????

Lukaku signed a fresh five-year deal in December worth £100,000 a week making him Everton’s most highly rewarded player. But the £80million buyout clause inserted was as important if he keeps this up.

Could easily go on to be the record Premier League goalscorer ever.

Unlikely

He has 76 PL goals at the age of 23 (24 in a couple of months I think)

Shearer is out on his own (by over 60 goals) as the all-time top scorer with 260

Rom would need to play in the PL for the next decade and average 20 PL goals a season or so (something he hasn't actually done once yet, though hopefully this will be his first time) to achieve this

Add in injuries, potential of a move to a foreign team etc and it's v unlikely

Unlikely

He has 76 PL goals at the age of 23 (24 in a couple of months I think)

Shearer is out on his own (by over 60 goals) as the all-time top scorer with 260

Rom would need to play in the PL for the next decade and average 20 PL goals a season or so (something he hasn't actually done once yet, though hopefully this will be his first time) to achieve this

Add in injuries, potential of a move to a foreign team etc and it's v unlikely

By the age of 23 Shearer had scored only 16 Premiership goals, due to his first 5 seasons being classed as first division goals, but even if you include those, it only adds up to 39.

Its defo not gonna be easy, Shearer managed 30+ goals 3 times in 4 seasons at Blackburn, thats just an unreal return.

Anyway, if he stays in the league and continues to avoid injury its gonna be close.

By the age of 23 Shearer had scored only 16 Premiership goals, due to his first 5 seasons being classed as first division goals, but even if you include those, it only adds up to 39.

Its defo not gonna be easy, Shearer managed 30+ goals 3 times in 4 seasons at Blackburn, thats just an unreal return.

Anyway, if he stays in the league and continues to avoid injury its gonna be close.
I think Rom will clip 30 multiple times once he is in his prime as long as he is healthy. The big thing is will he stay in the league or go somewhere else

I think Rom will clip 30 multiple times once he is in his prime as long as he is healthy. The big thing is will he stay in the league or go somewhere else

Really?

Scoring 30 PL goals is no mean feat.

In 24 seasons of the PL it has been done 9 times - 3 by Shearer and once apiece by Cole, Phillips, Henry, Ronaldo, RVP and Suarez

I'd love you to be right, but the odds are against it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back