Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud here, but who could he go to?

Atletico - Possible, but doubt they could afford him.

I personally think he'll sign a new contract and we're going to be spending a lot this summer to make a real go at a Champions League place.

Assuming he'd leave Chelsea or Juventus seem the most probable to me. Juventus spent 90 million € on Higuain so from time to time they are willing to spend a couple of millions. The German and Italian league are good quality imo.

In his interviews he says the main thing for him now is to win silverware; so those two are safe choices in that respect.

Mind you he could end up staying if multiple established reinforcements are acquired.

It seemed to me that Rom saw todays match turn to a 3-2 contest and said there is no way we are losing this match then went on to score 2 more to see off Bournemouth. When has Everton had a player like that. One can say How we finish this season goes on how Rom plays.
I would say it depended more on how Ross plays.

Not saying Rom isnt important to us. But when Ross plays well we invariably win and Rom gets more chances

Lukaku is our god. I can't believe that there are some Everton "fans" that criticize him... i read a few in Twitter saying that he doesn't run hahahahhaha

Nowadays is one of the best goal scorer of the world. Many people compare him with Aguero hahahhahaha

Lukaku is at the same level than Lewandowsky or Benzema, i think that Griezman, Zlatan and Suarez are only the ones that are on a higher step than him... and Rom is only 23!!!!

Romelu Lukaku has revealed how his belief in Ronald Koeman’s football philosophy has helped fire him to the top of the Premier League goalscoring chart.

The Blues striker took his top-flight tally to 16 for the season with his four-goal heroics in the 6-3 victory over Bournemouth at Goodison on Saturday.

The haul also put Lukaku second on Everton’s list of Premier League scorers with 59 goals, just one behind Duncan Ferguson.

The 23-year-old is now on course to surpass his best league campaign to date, when he found the back of the net 18 times in 2016/17.

And he says the Toffees boss has played a crucial part since taking charge in the summer.

Asked what Koeman has done to help his game, Lukaku said: “Consistency. The manager now helps me with the extra details – with pressing, my running off the ball and also the mental aspect of the game.

“When he came in [as manager] we had a chat. He told me his ideas, I told him mine, and then he showed me from the start of what he wanted to do.

“He wants me to be focused at any time because he knows with my finishing, if I have the ball in the last minute I can decide the game.

“I’m a guy who works really hard on the training ground and I know hard work will pay off. That’s what the manager told me at the start of the season. I believed in his football philosophy and it helped me going forward. You always have to keep your mind open to different things. I trust the process of what he wants to do at this football club. He helps me and I’m delivering in whatever situation he wants to play.”

Lukaku vowed to keep putting in the work to help the Blues achieve a top-six finish this season.

The Toffees now boast a seven-match league unbeaten run, with the Belgian insisting extending that form, rather than his goalscoring numbers, are his priority.

“The most important thing is to make sure the team ends the season as high as possible,” added Lukaku.

“We have to aim for the top six, we are really close, and I have to help the team. If I can play my part that’s the best thing ever.

“I’m happy with the team. We are playing well since the start of the 2017 and we need to keep improving. I’m just focused on this moment in time. That’s the mistake I made last year when I looked too far ahead. Now for me it’s just game after game, improve, do my job and live day by day. I know how good I can be but I’m willing to put the work in and I know I can do it.”

45effcd944b248f98f25815330837417.jpg

The man Romelu Lukaku hunts is the man to whom he owes so much.

With his fourth goal in a nine-goal epic, Lukaku moved within one Premier League goal of Duncan Ferguson, the Everton legend who has monitored his every move at Finch Farm.

It is now 59 for the big Belgian, with only Sergio Aguero and Harry Kane having scored more since first-team coach Ferguson started mentoring Lukaku in March 2014.

3CD7C22200000578-4193960-image-a-27_1486326252095.jpg

'Big Dunc’ has always shied away from praise but the hours the pair have put in together has clearly paid off. They have been known to wrestle each other and Lukaku now looks every bit the imposing, snarling figure his coach was as a player at Goodison Park.

What the 23-year-old has in addition is that extra finesse every top marksman needs. ‘Everything I do in training is about instinct and I’m really happy that everything worked,’ Lukaku said.

‘When I was driving in to the stadium I had a good feeling. It’s just about instincts really and something that we worked on in training as well.’

Eddie Howe must wish he owned a defender with the physical presence of Lukaku. Bournemouth could not deal with him — but also contributed to their own downfall.

3CD6615400000578-4193960-image-a-146_1486332515608.jpg

+3
Bournemouth could not deal with Lukaku in the Premier League match at Goodison Park

3CAAF74600000578-4193960-image-a-23_1486326184843.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+3
The Belgian striker is just one Premier League goal behind Duncan Ferguson

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...u-Lukaku-training-instinct.html#ixzz4Xr0kIskB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Weird how the Daily Express state he signed a new deal in Dec for 100k a week with an £80 million release clause. Poor journalism or kept under wraps by the club for the meantime perhaps?

i still fail to understand why there's no teams in europe actually after him in his whole time of being here. I don't even remember there ever being a bid or a hint of a bid from anyone?

He didn't.

Romelu Lukaku makes pledge to Everton fans after letting his mind wander last year
ROMELU LUKAKU has promised Everton fans he will not repeat the mistake of last season by allowing his focus to drift to a possible future away from Goodison.
By GIDEON BROOKS
PUBLISHED: 22:30, Sun, Feb 5, 2017

The striker hinted he was guilty of letting his mind wander in the previous campaign as some of Europe’s biggest names cast their eye in his direction.

And while an outstanding display of forward play as Everton routed Bournemouth on Saturday will have sent alerts ringing all over Europe – and nowhere louder than at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge – he insisted he is fully committed to Everton’s long-term project.

“I’m just focused on this period of time and I don’t want to look ahead too far,” he said. “That is the mistake I made last year. I was focusing already ahead and looking forward to things in front instead of the present.

“Now for me it is just game after game, day after day. Improve, come in, do my job and then go home to rest, work again on my body to recover and make sure I can play the next game. It is day by day now.”

Romelu-Lukaku-763491.jpg
GETTY

Romelu Lukaku scored four in Everton's 6-3 win over Bournemouth yesterday
Lukaku-is-now-the-Premier-League-s-leading-goalscorer-817171.jpg
GETTY

Lukaku is now the Premier League's leading goalscorer
‘World class’ is a phrase too loosely tossed around in football and with respect to what was a spirited second-half display from shell-shocked visitors at Goodison, this was Bournemouth not Brazil.

But if a performance from one player ever warranted the accolade the centre-forward display from the Belgium international against the Cherries here was it.

Lukaku, still just 23, was on a higher level to almost everyone else on the pitch and to his four goals – a left-foot curling shot from distance after 30 seconds, quick feet for a balletic dink, a measured volley after a one-two, and a rampaging blast – he added one brilliant assist.

It was the perfect performance and one which took him to the top of the Premier League scoring chart with 16 goals, for all that Lukaku maintained it made it only into the top three of his career.

Ronald-Koeman-817172.jpg
GETTY

Ronald Koeman's side are just five points adrift of the European places
“It is in the top three, but not number one and two,” he said. “It is third because my debut was the most important. To be a professional that was great and then my first goal because that is when my life changed.”

Lukaku signed a fresh five-year deal in December worth £100,000 a week making him Everton’s most highly rewarded player. But the £80million buyout clause inserted was as important if he keeps this up.

That said, if a top-six finish for the Toffees was as good as they could have hoped for at one stage with Everton charging and six points between them and fourth place, who knows?

Shortly after Ross Barkley had put through Lukaku for his fourth goal, news that Liverpool had conceded a second – to an on loan Everton player as well – against Hull filtered through on smartphones. The buzz notched up as well it might given that it is their Stanley Park neighbours who sit those six points ahead.

That will not concern Lukaku, who was keeping his focus on today’s training and Middlesbrough at the weekend. But he did allow himself a small glimpse forward when pressed.

“The most important thing is to make sure that the team ends as high as possible. We have the aim for the top six,” he said. “We are really close and I have to deliver for my team.”

For Bournemouth this was a weird afternoon: one-nil down inside a minute, blown away by Lukaku and yet drawing the second half 3-3. Perhaps understandably Eddie Howe seemed inclined to mark it down as an outlier.

“Lukaku produced a performance of the highest quality but things are just not going our way at the moment,” he said. “We need to be very strong mentally and come back from this.”

With 26 points, Howe’s side are six above the relegation zone and shipping too many goals – 34 in their last 13 games – but should be alright given their efforts from earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back