Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh we are on our best run of form since we won 7 in a row under RM, we are closing on RS and other top 4 teams, we have a decent next 5 games and we just won 6-3.

Only Everton fans can worry about something that might not happen and even if it does it won't be for 5 months at the earliest.

Why don't we just enjoy the end of the season and see where we finish and then worry about Lukaku leaving or not rather then winding each other up for the next 5 months

I recognise your argument as a good one. But for me there's only one convincing way of reading the runes right now: Lukaku will be off and it will be this summer. The contract running down, the fact that though Koeman likes him he isn't his bought player and he might want to use that cash to go with his own vision for the team, the fact that the summer after is WC summer and the player will want it sorted before that and the club know that the WC both disrupts the market in terms of compressing time and upping fees.

It'll be this summer mate. I feel almost sure of it.

Right atm mate there is way too many variables to be able to say for sure one way or the toher, a lot is guesswork etc.

Managerial changes, player changes at other clubs could change the landscape dramatically and either open or close up possible avenues for him to move, similarly how we finish the season will have a 'moderate' bearing on the matter, additionally what we do very early in the summer will as well - as well as information which we have given his agent about future short term plans for the club.

Him not being a Komean bought player i don't think will have much of a facotr though honestly, like or dislike the manager he isn't stupid and will realise that he's as god as we will be able to get, and as i don't honestly see Komean here past 3 years however he does then don't think he will be one bit bothered about the value of Lukaku deppreciating if he gets to ride that horse for his time here

Tbh we are on our best run of form since we won 7 in a row under RM, we are closing on RS and other top 4 teams, we have a decent next 5 games and we just won 6-3.

Only Everton fans can worry about something that might not happen and even if it does it won't be for 5 months at the earliest.

Why don't we just enjoy the end of the season and see where we finish and then worry about Lukaku leaving or not rather then winding each other up for the next 5 months
Well said mate.

You just know it won't happen though.

Right atm mate there is way too many variables to be able to say for sure one way or the toher, a lot is guesswork etc.

Managerial changes, player changes at other clubs could change the landscape dramatically and either open or close up possible avenues for him to move, similarly how we finish the season will have a 'moderate' bearing on the matter, additionally what we do very early in the summer will as well - as well as information which we have given his agent about future short term plans for the club.

Him not being a Komean bought player i don't think will have much of a facotr though honestly, like or dislike the manager he isn't stupid and will realise that he's as god as we will be able to get, and as i don't honestly see Komean here past 3 years however he does then don't think he will be one bit bothered about the value of Lukaku deppreciating if he gets to ride that horse for his time here
Koeman might not be bothered about the price eventually got for Lukaku but the club will...ANY club would.

There's no way Everton will see his value dwindle and not play ball with buyers.

So much has changed in 12 months.
New owner.
The emergence of Davies, Holgate and the capture of Lookman (He can be the father figure to these exciting talents)
Barkley is beginning to show the levels we all know he is capable of. He could be the best in the world in his position if he realises his ability.
Koeman.
New stadium and ambition (the naming rights of FF being the first step).

We are a totally different beast to 12 months ago.
We had a massive dip in the Autumn, possibly due to player unrest as squad players were informed they were no longer required.

Had we still been in the same scenario as under Martinez then yes I think he would leave.

fwiw, I expect him to stay.
I really admire your upbeat optimism mate. Wish I was the same, overall I mean.

As regards Rom specifically, I too am optimistic. I just feel that it's him calling the shots, not the club, and it's up to the club to match his ambition if he is to stay. Hope he does because in Rom and Ross we could have 2 of the best players in the world in 2/3 years.

I recognise your argument as a good one. But for me there's only one convincing way of reading the runes right now: Lukaku will be off and it will be this summer. The contract running down, the fact that though Koeman likes him he isn't his bought player and he might want to use that cash to go with his own vision for the team, the fact that the summer after is WC summer and the player will want it sorted before that and the club know that the WC both disrupts the market in terms of compressing time and upping fees.

It'll be this summer mate. I feel almost sure of it.
As you say mate, time will tell. I'm still sitting on the fence at the moment as there are still too many variables. I do agree it will be Roms call ultimately though.

They've spent circa £60-80mil every year for the past three/four years like

Yup they have mate, basically spending the interest accrued over the previous 17 years when they had a whopping 27m net spend or thereabouts

Yes they paid for the new stadium during that time, but it shows the mentality of the owner the fact he effectively hamstrung them as a club during that period in ortder to increase the value of his asset, i'd also wager that they make a healthy profit each year since then depsite the icnreased spend due to a vast array of commercial deals/naming rights etc

Kroenke wont ever be payi9ng out fees on a par with United, barca, Chelsea, City, Madrid on players

Same with his agent too. As I've just posted, recent statements from his agent have actually been quite positive towards the club.

I doubt his agent/dad have suddenly decided that Everton are the bees knees. I'd assume their new relaxed stance is due to some sort of agreement that he can leave in the summer if someone comes in with a certain offer (£70m ish?)

Personally I don't think that's going to happen this summer. Out of the clubs that could afford that sort of fee;
Real Madrid - They're going for Lewandowski.
PSG - Poor league. Rom wouldn't go there.
Man City - No chance he is Guardiolas type of player.
Man Utd - Look like they're going for a "galacticos" type strategy; 1 huge signing every summer. A daft way to go but anyway, this summer is Griezmann.
Chelsea - Possibly if Costa goes. Though I don't at all see him as a Conte player.

I doubt his agent/dad have suddenly decided that Everton are the bees knees. I'd assume their new relaxed stance is due to some sort of agreement that he can leave in the summer if someone comes in with a certain offer (£70m ish?)

Personally I don't think that's going to happen this summer. Out of the clubs that could afford that sort of fee;
Real Madrid - They're going for Lewandowski.
PSG - Poor league. Rom wouldn't go there.
Man City - No chance he is Guardiolas type of player.
Man Utd - Look like they're going for a "galacticos" type strategy; 1 huge signing every summer. A daft way to go but anyway, this summer is Griezmann.
Chelsea - Possibly if Costa goes. Though I don't at all see him as a Conte player.
ch-lgflag.gif

Can you imagine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back