Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we hit that "one more season" point last summer mate. I believe we have an understanding in place already. Time will tell, but I see this as his last season here.

So much has changed in 12 months.
New owner.
The emergence of Davies, Holgate and the capture of Lookman (He can be the father figure to these exciting talents)
Barkley is beginning to show the levels we all know he is capable of. He could be the best in the world in his position if he realises his ability.
Koeman.
New stadium and ambition (the naming rights of FF being the first step).

We are a totally different beast to 12 months ago.
We had a massive dip in the Autumn, possibly due to player unrest as squad players were informed they were no longer required.

Had we still been in the same scenario as under Martinez then yes I think he would leave.

fwiw, I expect him to stay.

Well, I think they may if Wenger leaves.

They definitely have the money. Kroenke has made it available. Whether he'd allow that all for one player...

Don't believe Kroenke has made it available mate. The blokes not about winning the league and spending to do so, it's all about profit margins.

Any agreement would have been I guess around the line of - if someone meets x evaluation then we won't stop you leaving, if that evaluation is around the 70m Mark then all we've mentioned still doubts mate, his worth to our team exceeds his,worth to those who would want him,

We aren't talking barca or Madrid coming after him mate which will turn any player, the names getting thrown around are the level bekow.

Unless the players been spewing forth rubbish the past 5 years then it's about ambition at the very top which instantly rules out psg if that's true.

Very few of the top teams will give him a undisputed number one role, pay 70m, be able to offer him the strength of league and Europe he wants and have a manager who we system suits his abilities.

Some brilliant players stayed at clubs you'd be shocked at for how long over the years, for a variety of reasons, sometimes it's that simple. If pep wouldn't have got the city job there's a huge chance stones would still be here for example, sometimes it's just about options being available.

The fee we paid. How well he's played. And the way subsequently the transfer prices have skyrocketed all combined have made it exceptionally hard for lukaku to move from us.

Yep £70m is peanuts for a player of his ability.

He is twice the player of Pogba.
Should be at least £180m just to pick up the phone...

And then say no.

Any agreement would have been I guess around the line of - if someone meets x evaluation then we won't stop you leaving, if that evaluation is around the 70m Mark then all we've mentioned still doubts mate, his worth to our team exceeds his,worth to those who would want him,

We aren't talking barca or Madrid coming after him mate which will turn any player, the names getting thrown around are the level bekow.

Unless the players been spewing forth rubbish the past 5 years then it's about ambition at the very top which instantly rules out psg if that's true.

Very few of the top teams will give him a undisputed number one role, pay 70m, be able to offer him the strength of league and Europe he wants and have a manager who we system suits his abilities.

Some brilliant players stayed at clubs you'd be shocked at for how long over the years, for a variety of reasons, sometimes it's that simple. If pep wouldn't have got the city job there's a huge chance stones would still be here for example, sometimes it's just about options being available.

The fee we paid. How well he's played. And the way subsequently the transfer prices have skyrocketed all combined have made it exceptionally hard for lukaku to move from us.
I recognise your argument as a good one. But for me there's only one convincing way of reading the runes right now: Lukaku will be off and it will be this summer. The contract running down, the fact that though Koeman likes him he isn't his bought player and he might want to use that cash to go with his own vision for the team, the fact that the summer after is WC summer and the player will want it sorted before that and the club know that the WC both disrupts the market in terms of compressing time and upping fees.

It'll be this summer mate. I feel almost sure of it.

New owner.
The emergence of Davies, Holgate and the capture of Lookman (He can be the father figure to these exciting talents)
Barkley is beginning to show the levels we all know he is capable of. He could be the best in the world in his position if he realises his ability.
Koeman.

We had a massive dip in the Autumn, possibly due to player unrest as squad players were informed they were no longer required.

Had we still been in the same scenario as under Martinez then yes I think he would leave.

I don't think any of that will weigh heavily on his decision. CL football and a massive hike in wages will turn it.

Imagine that!!

Money is not what we watch football for.
Under the previous regime we always had to look to sell someone.

I want to see the very best represent Everton. Monetary value does not win us the big prizes, players do.

I have never watched Barcelona and thought, 'look at those idiots with the European Cup, you could get £500m for your front 3. Idiots'.

It'll be this summer mate. I feel almost sure of it.

Gotta say - I agree with @davek on this one. I think he will get over 20 goals this season, he will sign a "new 5-year contract" and Chelsea will meet the reported buy-out clause of about £80m. It'll be the same as when Suarez did it at Liverpool - everyone who wasn't a RS fan could see the writing on the wall. He is a Chelsea fan, so I don't really begrudge him the move - I'll just be sad to see a boss striker like that playing for someone else, and maybe scoring goals against us.

Can't see the club or Koeman wanting him gone, regardless of if he bought him or not. He won't find better without spending huge money. The vision should be building a team around Rom...unless he wants to leave no one will want him out.

It'll be Rom who wants out, not Ron. The fact that he's "not a koeman" buy is a ridiculous statement. You want the best and at present arl bouncy shins is shining with his goals.

Give it till April and then we can expect the usual Lukaku press releases, his agent talking up the move etc etc. He's not here for the long run, just hope goes abroad and not to Chelsea

New owner.
Koeman.

To be honest mate while I agree with most of what you said I think the only things that will influence his decison will be where he finish (and what that means Euro wise) and which clubs are interested in him. A real top level club (pipe down Manchester I mean Real/ Barca/Bayern) would be impossible to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back