Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku and Barkley sign new deals.
Robles continues to improve at a pace.
Buy VVD and Keane in the summer to create the best defence in the league.
Davies and Holgate have had a year experience and Gana and Schniederlin have worked in tandom for 6 months to boss any midfield.

League Champions 2017/18.

Easy.
Post of the day right there. Well in Darth!

It's bad enough all the blerts in the media trying to sell Lukaku without people on here doing it too

The fee we paid for him mate, combined with us being taken over by Moshiri and the huge influx of tv money etc, has put us in a situation where honestly we won't sell him now as the ones bidding wont pay what we want

5 years back then yeah he'd have been off to an Arsenal etc for a 5-6m profit offer us
Ok, we won't sell. Then he doesn't sign a new contract. And......?

He looks really close to Koeman, so that's a positive as is the fact his agent said it was close (99%?) the biggest problem we will have is if he looks at how much times he's wasted here in 14/15 and 15/16 under Martinez. That'd be the killer. If this was his first season in a 5 year deal and under Koeman and we were performing to the current level this would be a non issue.

The last two years are solely to blame if he goes, not this season, not Moshiri and not Koeman.

We shall see though. I reckon he will be here next year and on a new and improved contract, I was surprised to see Costa was on 'only' £150k P/W surely we could fork this out for Lukaku?

Am not sure they can or would..
Also i dont think Lukaku would move from us to Arsenal, UTD/City maybe but not Arsenal

Arsenal definitely have the money.

They are also just as likely to get CL as United or as City.

They would have every chance if they went for him.

So what you're basically suggesting is that none of our players can ever move onto another club if they become great because we don't need to sell and no ones going to buy them at the price we want ? Do you really believe that's going to be a reality ? Honestly ?

It seems to turn a blind eye to other factors such as contract lengths, player happiness, maximising profit etc

My assertion is he won't be nailed on to leave this summer mate, we aren't gonna turn around and say oh you want to go ok then mate we'll accept 40m from arsenal or bayern then, as you said it's a business, we keep him for a year extra we'd still get that type of fee anyways, or more likely he commits to a new deal with several clauses in it which will make him moving the following summer easier for him if we don't reach certain goals etc.

Similar to what the rs did with Suarez ultimately. Riaola isn't stupid he will see the benefits financial for him and his client.

Question to you, what do you believe we'd sell him for I guess?

If he leaves it will take one of the biggest transfer fees ever to get him. I hope and pray he signs a new contract and stays with us for a long time but if he chooses to move to a champions league side then you have to wish him well. Think the early summer is huge for us as if we get a couple of big names in he may be convinced we really mean business and stay around longer.

That's mot a bad shout but I think that analysis is behind the curve now in what's happening at Bayern. Their revenues are sky rocketing with a massive new German TV deal that closes the gap more on the PL and they have more cash to spend...they had a revenue hike of €100m last summer. They went out and secured a kid like arena to Sanches from Benfica for an initial €37m which will rise to €80m if trophies are won and targets met.

That signals a change in attitude. And I'm fairly certain with time running out on Everton to get a decent price for Lukau we'd be selling for around £60-65m and would be taking it with clauses.

We could well do, more likely is a new contract with get out clauses for the following summer - bigger payoff for riaola and its obvious another season here will jusr raise his stock further for when he did move - bigger payoff for riaola again.

Then we sell him in the following summer, for a much reduced price, but one ultimately that the clubs after him would be willing to pay mate, otherwise the only option is a year earlier we sell him for a reduced price to attract a buyer, which makes little sense. See the situation at arsenal for exactly that scenario with Ozil and Sanchez

I'm with Dave on this one. If Rom won't sign a new deal by the summer we may have to sell him as his value could halve over the following 12 months. I don't care what anybody argues, we aren't that rich yet where we can afford to throw away £35/40m.

I don't agree with Dave that Rom re-signing is a forlorn hope. I believe he's keeping his options open and still am hopeful he will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back