Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you should take note... Would have stopped you from making all those retarded posts saying Barkley was useless a few mo the back when I was saying he was still boss.

Hahahaha he was actually playing crap a few months back though wasn't he, soz for only having the amazing ability to see into the present.

They are all questions that are in attendance with all major signings. They're not great obstacles to his departure though. No matter what a players' stated ideal scenario, compromise is accepted by both sides in any deal.

Lukaku is desperate to play in the CL. He can see how difficult it is for us to nose into those four places, and what guarantees does he have that Everton under this new manager are going to a) thrive, or b ) be handed the resources to do so?

He has the WC summer after next and it will be difficult to iron out the intricacies of a transfer then. This summer is favourite for him to go. The contract is running down to a point where the club have to get real in terms of any sensible fee for him.

Difference between a major signing mate, and a absolutely huge signing which is what any fee for Lukaku would entail, it narrows down the list of clubs that he'd be a natural at to a very very small few right at the top of the food chain

Lukaku for example would be perfect for Arsenal - but theres not a chance in hell they could or would pay whats required.

Not really mate, if you ask where and who can buy James mccarthy and to name a realistic transfre for him next summer - i can easily list a host of clubs, but the higher up the ladder you go, and the higher the fee, then the list becomes way way shorter, theres about 6 clubs in the world who have ever shown the ability or who have the finances to be able to pull off this type of transfer, and not one fo them looks anything more than speculation and ALL have huge reasons why doing so would actually not be that likely

PSG, Bayern, United, Chelsea

If Costa goes he's an obvious signing for Chelsea.

Hahahaha he was actually crap a few months back though wasn't he, soz for only having the amazing ability to see into the present.

Nah you said he would never be good enough, do I need to drag up the numerous quotes ? They are plentiful.

Best striker we've seen in Blue since Graeme Sharp.

Don't kid yourselves that he won't be one of the most hotly pursued players in the world this summer. If he wants to go (and I wouldn't blame him) I think i would be for the right reasons.

We'll miss him but I think we'll be fine. The fee will be astronomical and we'll bring in at least 3 new quality players to improve the squad. No one is irreplaceable, and life always continues after a big player leaves.

Reactions: gez
Desperately hope we can tie him down to a new deal and somehow keep him for another 2 years. Don't see any chance of us keeping him longer than that, even if we break into the top four. We would not be able to complain at losing him due to his desire to win titles; he'll have stayed five years by then and most of us never thought we'd even be able to get him in the first place. Just hope the fee is through the roof as it should be.

If Costa goes he's an obvious signing for Chelsea.

Nah you said he would never be good enough, do I need to drag up the numerous quotes ? They are plentiful.

If you really really want, you can drag up a load of posts of me saying a player that was playing crap is playing crap, yes ok mate.

If you really really want, you can drag up a load of posts of me saying a player that was playing crap is playing crap, yes ok mate.

No, I'm talking about the quotes where you looked into the future and said he would never be good enough. There's lots of them.

Difference between a major signing mate, and a absolutely huge signing which is what any fee for Lukaku would entail, it narrows down the list of clubs that he'd be a natural at to a very very small few right at the top of the food chain

Lukaku for example would be perfect for Arsenal - but theres not a chance in hell they could or would pay whats required.
He'd be perfect for one of the Euro elite who can summon up the cash. I bet Ancelotti would have him at Bayern like a shot. Lewandowski is Real bound almost for sure this summer.

I've convinced myself that behind the scenes he's been told we're gonna splash on some boss new players and launch a top 4 assault next season and Rom has bought into this. He'll sign a new deal in the summer and will be happy his mate Mertens and a couple of other quality signings have joined.

Question then becomes where is he going Dave?

because frankly whenever this debate starts - like it always does after each transfer window closes about him being off, the same question always comes out and no one has really yet answered it have they?

Which club is gonna come in and pay 70m+ for him, where 1. he'd want to go, 2. Which meets his own personal stated requirements (guaranteed starter, CL footy, challenging for trophies, in a top leauge) and 3. where he fits the system of play
I think the only club that ticks all them boxes is PSG, yes its a poor league but they have the finances, CL football, high salary, challenging for trophies.

If Costa goes he's an obvious signing for Chelsea

PSG - hmmm player himself is on record a whilst back for commenting about the quality of the league being poor, and has on numerous occassions stated about wishing to play in a top league

Bayern Munich - the club record transfre fee they have ever paid is 35m - they already have Lewandowski so Lukaku would have to be willing to settle for being the back up, and do you realistically see them paying double the clubs record transfer (and Bundesliga record) for Lukaku?

United - a Manager who already sold him once, whose preferred choice of striker has always been a target man type who can hold the ball up well - does that sound like something Mourinho would ever do and does it sound like Lukaku would suit that system?

Chelsea - have to break their record fee by around 20m as they still have never paid more than 50m for a player, and look at the types of stiekr that Conte has always gone for in the past - basically players great at holding the ball up with an ability to play with back to goal and link up play - yet again neither thigns are what youd desribe as Lukaku strong points - Lukaku to Chelsea is only an obvious signing in the eyes of the media mate, it's an easy story to run with and apparently Mourinho leaving and Conte coming in has not changed there idea about wanting Lukaku - despite besides him being an ex player and fan it never has or will make sense with those managers wanting him

He'd be perfect for one of the Euro elite who can summon up the cash. I bet Ancelotti would have him at Bayern like a shot. Lewandowski is Real bound almost for sure this summer.

Bayern have a very strict model of buying mate, they aren't out the blue gonna change that for Lukaku, 35m record fee paid - suddenly gonna splash out 70m on someone who isn't even proven in European competition?

Aubameyang will end up at Real mate, or if Lewandowski does go then bayern will simply do what they always do and take Dortmunds best players again

Major problem for Lukaku leaving, we value him that highly that it prices a lot out and the ones in the range for him are the very very elite clubs who require an exact fit for them - especially at the price it would cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back