Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair point but would you agree if we didn't have that rubbish form before Christmas we would be deffo up there for him
That rubbish form before Christmas extended from mid September to December!

Lukaku must know of the streakiness of Koeman himself.

He is surely off this summer. Hopefully not because he will be a massive loss and we can be sure we will struggle to get even two in with the cash that can make up for his absence from the team. He has been a sensational purchase and is the reason we both challenged under Martinez and kept out of trouble under him, and now why Koemans first season is looking fairly respectable. You can't replace that easily.

I think the only club that ticks all them boxes is PSG, yes its a poor league but they have the finances, CL football, high salary, challenging for trophies.

IF it wasn't for the players ambition i'd agree they'd be the only ones linked that would actually have me thinking yeah he will be off - depends a lot on just how ambitious he is i guess

United hahahahahaha. Thought he wanted Champions League lads.

IMG_2803.webp

He is surely off this summer. Hopefully not because he sell be a massive loss and we can be sure we will struggle to get even two in with the cash that can make up for his absence from the team. He has been a sensational purchase and is the reason we both challenged under Martinez and kept out of trouble under him, and now why Koemans first season is looking fairly respectable. You can't replace that easily.

The fee we paid for him mate, combined with us being taken over by Moshiri and the huge influx of tv money etc, has put us in a situation where honestly we won't sell him now as the ones bidding wont pay what we want

5 years back then yeah he'd have been off to an Arsenal etc for a 5-6m profit offer us

He is surely off this summer. Hopefully not because he will be a massive loss and we can be sure we will struggle to get even two in with the cash that can make up for his absence from the team. He has been a sensational purchase and is the reason we both challenged under Martinez and kept out of trouble under him, and now why Koemans first season is looking fairly respectable. You can't replace that easily.
That's what I mean , if we were knocking on the champions league door he'd sign a new contract .
But he's just seeing what we can do first that's why he's saying he's concentrating on the season first ,
Which I do not hold against him tbh

We go through this every time Rom has a boss game. He scores a few goals and the next morning he's linked back to Chelsea or to United depending on the rags top 6 club of choice.
The reality is if we don't go up a level he will leave. I'd love him to give us one more season to reach that level and i think there is every chance he might given the way the club seems to be moving but he's an ambitious lad who could have his pick of the elite clubs now and at 23 enjoy 9-10 years at the very top. As @bluestevon says though there are only a few teams in the world who can afford him and regardless of peoples views on his overall game, whether he's lazy or not he is a cert to get 20 plus goals a season and there aren't many of those around so he's worth the massive fee we'd demand.
I've decided not to worry about the paper gossip, the random interviews he does on international duty, his old man telling anyone who'll listen who his son should be playing for.... any of that. I'm just going to enjoy having a player of his quality whilst he's here and worry about how we replace him if and when the time comes. If he is here next year for the love of god give him that No 9 shirt! it's scandalous that in the 4 years he's been here he's never worn it.[/QUOTE]

We go through this every time Rom has a boss game. He scores a few goals and the next morning he's linked back to Chelsea or to United depending on the rags top 6 club of choice.
The reality is if we don't go up a level he will leave. I'd love him to give us one more season to reach that level and i think there is every chance he might given the way the club seems to be moving but he's an ambitious lad who could have his pick of the elite clubs now and at 23 enjoy 9-10 years at the very top. As @bluestevon says though there are only a few teams in the world who can afford him and regardless of peoples views on his overall game, whether he's lazy or not he is a cert to get 20 plus goals a season and there aren't many of those around so he's worth the massive fee we'd demand.
I've decided not to worry about the paper gossip, the random interviews he does on international duty, his old man telling anyone who'll listen who his son should be playing for.... any of that. I'm just going to enjoy having a player of his quality whilst he's here and worry about how we replace him if and when the time comes. If he is here next year for the love of god give him that No 9 shirt! it's scandalous that in the 4 years he's been here he's never worn it.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly won't sell him to a PL club if he is to leave.

The fee we paid for him mate, combined with us being taken over by Moshiri and the huge influx of tv money etc, has put us in a situation where honestly we won't sell him now as the ones bidding wont pay what we want

5 years back then yeah he'd have been off to an Arsenal etc for a 5-6m profit offer us

Yep, we would be better off edging our bets and holding on for 2 years.
He is irreplaceable.
With the right additions in the summer we can win the league (at the very, very least be in the mix).

By then we should hopefully have the green light for the stadium and Usmanov on the board. :)

Also Lukaku is an intelligent man.
He could go to United, back to Chelsea or some other corporate gaff and become a cog in their system.
OR
He could pioneer our resurgence (as Cantona did at United and Zola at Chelsea) and become a God.

Vardy will be looked on as a bigger legend at Leicester than Rooney will at Man United.
Rooney joined a ready made side. Vardy achieved the impossible dream for generations of fans.
All time record scorer at United and yet very few of their long term fans I know speak about him that highly.

That kind of adulation is reserved for very few.

So what you're basically suggesting is that none of our players can ever move onto another club if they become great because we don't need to sell and no ones going to buy them at the price we want ? Do you really believe that's going to be a reality ? Honestly ?

It seems to turn a blind eye to other factors such as contract lengths, player happiness, maximising profit etc

That's what I mean , if we were knocking on the champions league door he'd sign a new contract .
But he's just seeing what we can do first that's why he's saying he's concentrating on the season first ,
Which I do not hold against him tbh
IF Barca-Real-Bayern come knocking then i done blame him for wanting to go although i dont think he is at the level YET.
There will only be 6-7 teams in europe that can afford the price we want, and how many of them will actually want or need him?
Barca
Real
PSG
City
UTD
Chelsea

Bayern have a very strict model of buying mate, they aren't out the blue gonna change that for Lukaku, 35m record fee paid - suddenly gonna splash out 70m on someone who isn't even proven in European competition?

Aubameyang will end up at Real mate, or if Lewandowski does go then bayern will simply do what they always do and take Dortmunds best players again

Major problem for Lukaku leaving, we value him that highly that it prices a lot out and the ones in the range for him are the very very elite clubs who require an exact fit for them - especially at the price it would cost
That's mot a bad shout but I think that analysis is behind the curve now in what's happening at Bayern. Their revenues are sky rocketing with a massive new German TV deal that closes the gap more on the PL and they have more cash to spend...they had a revenue hike of €100m last summer. They went out and secured a kid like arena to Sanches from Benfica for an initial €37m which will rise to €80m if trophies are won and targets met.

That signals a change in attitude. And I'm fairly certain with time running out on Everton to get a decent price for Lukau we'd be selling for around £60-65m and would be taking it with clauses.

IF Barca-Real-Bayern come knocking then i done blame him for wanting to go although i dont think he is at the level YET.
There will only be 6-7 teams in europe that can afford the price we want, and how many of them will actually want or need him?
Barca
Real
PSG
City
UTD
Chelsea

Arsenal can afford it and do need him.

Whether they'll pay it is the only difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back