Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Raiola is right and Rom is about to sign a new contract I would be confident he will still be here next season (possibly his last with us) that is barring an outrageously obscene bid in the summer.
Another good season and he'll get his wish to play at the very very top.
Win win for us.....Sign him up Moshi.

Players can't look back at their life's with regrets so need to put himself before the fans and the club.

true mate and it's happened time and time again. BUT.... if he did stay one more year he would still only be 24 going on 25 and maybe one more season leading up to a world cup he gets whatever dream move he's after

For what it's worth I think he will go this summer and I think it will be to Chelsea for the simple reason he has ties to that club and I think he will believe he has something to prove to them. It will be for a massive fee though, 70m+ at this rate.

if he does Swan off, he's still shown more loyalty than so called Blues already so weve had a good shift from him already.

if he does stay then that's a bonus and means he's 1.on ridiculous dollar and 2. believes we are going to challenge for major honours

Players can't look back at their life's with regrets so need to put himself before the fans and the club.

I can understand and agree to a certain extent but look at Suarez for example. He was 27 when he got his move to Barca - Zidane waz about 28 when he moved to Real. It doesnt matter what age you move, what does matter is that when you do, its to be a certain starter.

Rom has plenty of years to move to a Barca or Bayern etc but when he goes, it needs to be as the best and right now he is far from it. A year or 2 more of improving his touch, passing, awareness and all round game will only serve him well as a move in August will probably see him on the bench at one of these clubs. I think he and Raiola will know this. Hopefully by that time though we are competing ourselves and can keep him.

There are a couple of things that say to me he will be here for some time yet
1 I think he has a massive amount of respect for Ronald and can see that his game is improving
2 The clubs renewed ambition under our new owner
3 He seems very happy were he is, and is getting well paid

If he were to move the grass might not be as green as he has been led to believe, and with Evertons renewed ambition he might just achieve his ambitions with us

I can understand and agree to a certain extent but look at Suarez for example. He was 27 when he got his move to Barca - Zidane waz about 28 when he moved to Real. It doesnt matter what age you move, what does matter is that when you do, its to be a certain starter.

Rom has plenty of years to move to a Barca or Bayern etc but when he goes, it needs to be as the best and right now he is far from it. A year or 2 more of improving his touch, passing, awareness and all round game will only serve him well as a move in August will probably see him on the bench at one of these clubs. I think he and Raiola will know this. Hopefully by that time though we are competing ourselves and can keep him.

He might not get an offer at 27. Living with regrets is no joke. Trust me

He might not get an offer at 27. Living with regrets is no joke. Trust me

Obviously barring a horrible injury, if he turns into a world class player that is consistently producing then he will always have offers from the top clubs.

Isnt it just as much of a regret if he ends his career saying he moved to Barca but started 12 games in 2 years and ended up on loan at Stoke?

I reckon Raiola is eyeing him up to replace Ibrahimovic at the end of next season and thats why he's happy to keep him here next season.

As I've said here before, Steve Nicol doesn't rate him. The subject was raised again this week on ESPN and again
he said that Lukaku is OK at a club like Everton, but wouldn't be at a 'top' club. The topic came up again after his
four goals last week.

He says that Rom gets a lot of space here because clubs play us trying to win, wheras when they play against
clubs like Chelsea they defend first and he wouldn't get the space he gets here.

I don't remember any of his fellow pundits agreeing with him, btw.

There are a couple of things that say to me he will be here for some time yet
1 I think he has a massive amount of respect for Ronald and can see that his game is improving
2 The clubs renewed ambition under our new owner
3 He seems very happy were he is, and is getting well paid

If he were to move the grass might not be as green as he has been led to believe, and with Evertons renewed ambition he might just achieve his ambitions with us

Fully agree.
Imo there is no finer place to play football than at Everton.

And we are a club making strides up the league. We can challenge for the big prizes next season with a couple of shrewd signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back