Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't seriously be comparing the game time each had here? And unlike Niasse we watched Bolasie for years at Palace.

Bolasie is a ok PL footballer, Niasse on the other hand played in some crap leagues not so long ago. However, I hope you are right so that Hull can pay the club a fee in the summer.

Calm down lads. Last paragraph...

Koeman in the dark over new deal for Everton forward Lukaku
Published on: 10 February 2017

There has been speculation that the Premier League's top goalscorer Romelu Lukaku is set to sign a new deal at Everton.

Everton boss, Ronald Koeman, has been talking about Romelu Lukaku, who scored four in their 6-3 win over Bournemouth last week and the possibility he is close to signing a new Toffees deal

"I didn't speak to the board about Romelu but if his agent has mentioned he likes to stay or is close to a new deal then that's perfect for Everton," said Koeman.

"If players see a future at the club, if they see the team improving and getting stronger then that's always a plus for them to stay.

Everyone has their own ambition, that's normal, and we like to keep the good players. At the moment he's the top scorer, playing at a high level, so clinical, and it would be difficult to find a replacement so I hope he stays.

"He's a world class finisher but in other details, other qualities, he can and must improve and he knows that. If the team's showing ambition it's always good and we need to show him that the short future is at Everton."

Source: tribalfootball.com

If the club and the team is improving and showing ambition, it's always a good way to stay for players and thats what we need to show him, and that he's convinced that the future, the short future, is at Everton.

Is the exact word for word what was said by Koeman at the press conference mate, the article obviously cut and pasted that sentence an dchanged the order - dropped certain words to cast what was said in a different light

Very happy with Koeman's statement on Lukaku today - basically saying he needs to work for the team first and foremost so that the team can work for him.

That's what he has to get into his head consistently - then we'd see the monster we saw at Bournemouth most weeks rather than very occasionally.

I've told you before mate, I have it on good authority that was not a player Martinez actively sought. I never claim to be an ITK on anything but that info was from a very trusted source. Take it or leave it.
Apart from that not being true Martinez was talking about Niasse on TV a few days ago, might of been goals on Sunday? And that dosent fit in with what He was saying himself IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back