Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what has helped us in the past is the huge amount of money it will take to get Rom out of Everton, we are talking the same levels as Pogba maybe a new record figure £90-100 Mil.
Most teams would have been unwilling to pay that of money for a unproven striker at CL/International level and that is why is he I still with us, I think his dreadful form at the end of last season put doubt in would be suitors minds and hence the big bid did not come.
If he finishes top scorer in the premiership and maybe scores a couple of big goals between now and the end of this season, say at Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates etc it might convince someone to pay the money?
I do think that he has looked at Everton as a stop gap and it has showed when things aren't going well, sort of it is nothing to do with me I am scoring everyone else is rubbish. This season he looks different he looks like he is happy and see's himself as one of the teams leaders, his game has gone up a notch and I think Koeman is the reason, I think Koeman has said forget Chelsea etc. If you do what I want and play how I want you too you will be at Real/Barca and we wont stand in your way!
Anyway I am sure the new contract will come with a clause allowing him to move for a set amount to certain teams who Raiola will have prepped so enjoy him while we have him

Reactions: gez
I think what has helped us in the past is the huge amount of money it will take to get Rom out of Everton, we are talking the same levels as Pogba maybe a new record figure £90-100 Mil.
Most teams would have been unwilling to pay that of money for a unproven striker at CL/International level and that is why is he I still with us, I think his dreadful form at the end of last season put doubt in would be suitors minds and hence the big bid did not come.
If he finishes top scorer in the premiership and maybe scores a couple of big goals between now and the end of this season, say at Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates etc it might convince someone to pay the money?
I do think that he has looked at Everton as a stop gap and it has showed when things aren't going well, sort of it is nothing to do with me I am scoring everyone else is rubbish. This season he looks different he looks like he is happy and see's himself as one of the teams leaders, his game has gone up a notch and I think Koeman is the reason, I think Koeman has said forget Chelsea etc. If you do what I want and play how I want you too you will be at Real/Barca and we wont stand in your way!
Anyway I am sure the new contract will come with a clause allowing him to move for a set amount to certain teams who Raiola will have prepped so enjoy him while we have him
I think it's more that other clubs want more than just a goal scorer nowadays. As Koeman said in his recent interview Lukaku is a world class finisher but he still has other aspects of his game to work on. If you look at the clubs above us it's interesting that none of them have a purely top goal scorer playing week in week out...

Chelsea-Costa leads the line, runs the channels and is a general nuisance to all
Arsenal-Sanchez starts up top instead of Giroud because he has a better all round game
City-have the only person to have scored more goals than Lukaku in the league in the last five years on the bench at the moment because his all round game doesn't offer enough.
RS-their best finisher is on the bench because he doesn't work hard enough.
United/Tottenham both have forwards who work as target men and have exceptional hold up play AND finishing.

I hope Lukaku stays with us forever and knowing how stubborn other premier league coaches seem to be in playing their 'systems' I don't think he is in any of their plans this year :)

Reactions: gez
Occasionally we stumble across a player that, if we keep them, can help us reach the next level. I remember having 2 screensavers at work in 2002. One was the Kings Dock Stadium, and the other was that picture of Rooney in mid-air after scoring the winner at Elland Road for our first win there since God was a lad. We had a big opportunity there to build our future, and we know what happened. Now we have Lukaku and the Bramley Moore site, and it feels like another crossroads.
Stumble across?

A determination to beat all others to bring him in on loan and then to risk a massive sum on him paid off handsomely. Nothing accidental about any of that.

He is quite simply the most important signing in this clubs post 1980s history.

Stumble across?

A determination to beat all others to bring him in on loan and then to risk a massive sum on him paid off handsomely. Nothing accidental about any of that.

He is quite simply the most important signing in this clubs post 1980s history.
We only beat West Brom to his signature on loan, and Chelsea didn't want him. Personally I didn't understand it at the time, and still don't now but they did the same with Kevin de Bruyne. So if you want kudos for Martinez for signing him, fine, but he didn't reject a host of better options to move to Everton.

In his head it seems, as it wasn't in the piece he quoted.

No surprise that Dave is seeking a negative angle on this like.

Yeah thats why i asked the question.
No surprise at all!

Calm down lads. Last paragraph...

Koeman in the dark over new deal for Everton forward Lukaku
Published on: 10 February 2017

There has been speculation that the Premier League's top goalscorer Romelu Lukaku is set to sign a new deal at Everton.

Everton boss, Ronald Koeman, has been talking about Romelu Lukaku, who scored four in their 6-3 win over Bournemouth last week and the possibility he is close to signing a new Toffees deal

"I didn't speak to the board about Romelu but if his agent has mentioned he likes to stay or is close to a new deal then that's perfect for Everton," said Koeman.

"If players see a future at the club, if they see the team improving and getting stronger then that's always a plus for them to stay.

Everyone has their own ambition, that's normal, and we like to keep the good players. At the moment he's the top scorer, playing at a high level, so clinical, and it would be difficult to find a replacement so I hope he stays.

"He's a world class finisher but in other details, other qualities, he can and must improve and he knows that. If the team's showing ambition it's always good and we need to show him that the short future is at Everton."

Source: tribalfootball.com

We only beat West Brom to his signature on loan, and Chelsea didn't want him. Personally I didn't understand it at the time, and still don't now but they did the same with Kevin de Bruyne. So if you want kudos for Martinez for signing him, fine, but he didn't reject a host of better options to move to Everton.

I think the story was Kenwright rang up to enquire about Demba Ba and was offered Rom on loan instead.

That's just being churlish. And my point was about the club all recognising and pulling together to get the Lukaku deal done and risking so much cash...this obviously is in an era before it was safe for us to risk blowing a kings ransom on utter tosh like now.

That's just being churlish. And my point was about the club all recognising and pulling together to get the Lukaku deal done and risking so much cash...this obviously is in an era before it was safe for us to risk blowing a kings ransom on utter tosh like now.

30CA68D800000578-3426346-image-m-8_1454371403693.jpg

who still went on to sign Niasselollollollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back