Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just being churlish. And my point was about the club all recognising and pulling together to get the Lukaku deal done and risking so much cash...this obviously is in an era before it was safe for us to risk blowing a kings ransom on utter tosh like now.

What player signed by the new manager/Walsh so far has been tosh mate?

30CA68D800000578-3426346-image-m-8_1454371403693.jpg

I've told you before mate, I have it on good authority that was not a player Martinez actively sought. I never claim to be an ITK on anything but that info was from a very trusted source. Take it or leave it.

Calm down lads. Last paragraph...

Koeman in the dark over new deal for Everton forward Lukaku
Published on: 10 February 2017

There has been speculation that the Premier League's top goalscorer Romelu Lukaku is set to sign a new deal at Everton.

Everton boss, Ronald Koeman, has been talking about Romelu Lukaku, who scored four in their 6-3 win over Bournemouth last week and the possibility he is close to signing a new Toffees deal

"I didn't speak to the board about Romelu but if his agent has mentioned he likes to stay or is close to a new deal then that's perfect for Everton," said Koeman.

"If players see a future at the club, if they see the team improving and getting stronger then that's always a plus for them to stay.

Everyone has their own ambition, that's normal, and we like to keep the good players. At the moment he's the top scorer, playing at a high level, so clinical, and it would be difficult to find a replacement so I hope he stays.

"He's a world class finisher but in other details, other qualities, he can and must improve and he knows that. If the team's showing ambition it's always good and we need to show him that the short future is at Everton."

Source: tribalfootball.com

Tribal crap site. About 24 hours late.

I've told you before mate, I have it on good authority that was not a player Martinez actively sought. I never claim to be an ITK on anything but that info was from a very trusted source. Take it or leave it.
Even if that is true (and I struggle to accept that Martinez was somehow overruled by someone on this player), it doesn't alter the fact that we spent a Kings Ransom on utter tosh though mate.

Lol oh yeah someone forced him to sign Niasse. What a ridiculous assumption that is.

Even if that is true (and I struggle to accept that Martinez was somehow overruled by someone on this player), it doesn't alter the fact that we spent a Kings Ransom on utter tosh though mate.
Well, how tosh he is remains to be proven. He looks very clumsy to me for a player with that price tag...although I supoose these days when you get Gibson off as part of a £7m deal £13m is nothing now.

Well, how tosh he is remains to be proven. He looks very clumsy to me for a player with that price tag...although I supoose these days when you get Gibson off as part of a £7m deal £13m is nothing now.

And you don't want to give Bolasie time to prove.

I have never claimed to be an ITK ever on this forum. That was a bit of info from coaching staff I know through family which was passed on.

As said, take it or leave it.

Thing is it does not make sense. Who had greater authority than RM? BK? So BK became the chief scout of this football club? This is just ridiculous. You can't only take credit of signing great like Lukaku and ignore the tosh RM signed.

Im not crazy about Bolasie either, and wish we hadn't signed him especially for that money, but surely following your logic above to defend the Niasse fee would lead to the conclusion the 22 odd million on Bolasie was also relatively speaking not that high, nor a kings ransom?

just think you are contradicting yourself there within the space of a couple of minutes Davey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back