Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love it if he can hit 30 goals in all competitions this season, he's that good and if he can score that many then we're one foot into the top 4.

Barkley keeps scoring too and if Del can add more goals to his game (as well as keeping his assists), we have a seriously good attack.

I just wish we could stop conceding so many goals.

Yep I was checking Pl top scorers and Barkley's up there on 6 and 7 for the season. If he keeps on going how he is he could end up on about 13+ which would be a brilliant return.

Lukaku really has gone up a level the last few weeks and is looking like a real top end striker.

.....£28m looking like a snip, trying to think of a player I'd be tempted to swap him for in the Premiership and can't think of many.
Exactly why people originally having a pop at the price tag were wrong, even if we had overpaid we did so because we had to, there is no other striker close to his level we could have signed at the time, he might not be our best player but he is our most important

I don't agree with that at all.

It might be true in terms of how people view players these days but it shouldn't do.

A good player is a good player and should be judged on their ability, and there are numerous other factors that take into account why they wouldn't have won something or played at a higher level than they do other than their ability.

I disagree clearly vladimir smicer was a better player than Alan shearer as he has a champs league medal... Also Matt Le tissier was crap as he won nothing.... Chris Sutton was better than Beardsley as he has a prem league medal and phil Neville is one of the greatest players of all time ...

Exactly why people originally having a pop at the price tag were wrong, even if we had overpaid we did so because we had to, there is no other striker close to his level we could have signed at the time, he might not be our best player but he is our most important

He probably is our best player, though. And most important, along with (a fully fit, in-form) McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back