Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stand the Daily Express they literally do nothing but try sell Rom to Chelsea. Totally overlooking Costa will be signing a new deal and Rom left Chelsea for first team football in the first place.

Without wishing to take the thread off topic, but I personally can only recall us playing 3 at the back once under El Fraudo, it matters not what he did at Wigan.

And you fool, the whole league will play a back 3 within 2 years, its the new niche.

Remember when we got bingo'd 3 times on the bounce over Christmas, so Martinez switched it up away to Hull. A back 3 of Jagielka-Alcaraz-Barry.

And then we got bingo'd again.

Great days mate.

If Costa signs a new contract for Chelsea, he isn't going there.

If Wenger leaves at the end of the season, maybe Arsenal will try and make a statement and go for him, but I doubt it.

Utd will have Zlatan for another year, but after that, who knows?

City don't need him.

PSG have Cavani.

Barca won't sign him.

Real don't need him.

Bayern is a possibility, but I can's see them lashing 60m+ on him.

I can't see him wanting to go to China... In fairness to him, he doesn't really come across as money driven.

I can't see him going in the summer.

I was reading somewhere we'd had nine formations this season.
:coffee:
The key is not the 9, but how many of these 9 in which we actually played well using.
Then assess the opposition viz-a-viz was it a decent formation or poor opposition

I'd be happy using 3 well
and even happier using 2 or 3 at different times during the same game as required...as long as we win

In fact I wonder whatever system we played if it was totally 'boring Arsenal 1-0 again' how long it would take me to get sick of it

Hmm - On reflection 38 games would just do it.

The key is not the 9, but how many of these 9 in which we actually played well using.
Then assess the opposition viz-a-viz was it a decent formation or poor opposition

I'd be happy using 3 well
and even happier using 2 or 3 at different times during the same game as required...as long as we win

In fact I wonder whatever system we played if it was totally 'boring Arsenal 1-0 again' how long it would take me to get sick of it

Hmm - On reflection 38 games would just do it.
Nine times though. I wonder what they were (as @MorgsGoat didn't tell us?)

Let's see....

4-3-3
3-4-3
4-4-2
3-5-2
5-3-2
4-1-4-1
1-1-8
0-10-0
0-6-4

blahblah.gif

I could see Chelsea or United going big time after him this summer. 70m and he'd be gone. Hell, knowing Kenwright if he's involved in any negotiations, we'd get around 50m after he claims Romelu was crying down the phone pleading for a move to United. Shame as we'll not be bale to replace him with anybody even half as good, such is our stature at present in world football.

I could see Chelsea or United going big time after him this summer. 70m and he'd be gone. Hell, knowing Kenwright if he's involved in any negotiations, we'd get around 50m after he claims Romelu was crying down the phone pleading for a move to United. Shame as we'll not be bale to replace him with anybody even half as good, such is our stature at present in world football.

WE ARE GETTING BALE? I'm in

I suppose we should be a little grateful that he hasn't thrown his toys out of the pram i deffo expected a transfer request in summer i mean just look at the Jan window players refusing to play he's in a difficult position because the only teams he'd wish to leave for don't want him the rest simply can't afford him so we might have a stalemate one again in the summer and I'd he'll sign new contract with clauses of course and mutual agreement he can leave if the price is right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back