Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Chelsea or United going big time after him this summer. 70m and he'd be gone. Hell, knowing Kenwright if he's involved in any negotiations, we'd get around 50m after he claims Romelu was crying down the phone pleading for a move to United. Shame as we'll not be bale to replace him with anybody even half as good, such is our stature at present in world football.
If Chelsea come knocking and the Rom insisted on going, I would take Batashui and 40 million

I could see Chelsea or United going big time after him this summer. 70m and he'd be gone. Hell, knowing Kenwright if he's involved in any negotiations, we'd get around 50m after he claims Romelu was crying down the phone pleading for a move to United. Shame as we'll not be bale to replace him with anybody even half as good, such is our stature at present in world football.

Agree, sad fact is, if Lukaku goes within the next year or so we are only going to be able to attract a Benteke or a shane long or a Bony as his replacement- a journey man striker who will run non stop for 90 mins but not actually score that many goals (which would actually make quite a few here happy judging by the comments about lukaku's lack of running).

There's no way we're getting less than 70 million for lukaku if he scores well over 20 goals this season, considering his age... the market is gone crazy

I'd publicly state he's not for sale, we've got a contract on the table to make him our best-ever paid player and that, in said contract, there is a clause whereby we have to sell if a cash offer of 85m comes in. That should scare clubs off / make them act quickly. We've all pretty much accepted he won't be with us for too much longer, and fair enough too, he's miles too good for us.

If Costa signs a new contract for Chelsea, he isn't going there.

If Wenger leaves at the end of the season, maybe Arsenal will try and make a statement and go for him, but I doubt it.

Utd will have Zlatan for another year, but after that, who knows?

City don't need him.

PSG have Cavani.

Barca won't sign him.

Real don't need him.

Bayern is a possibility, but I can's see them lashing 60m+ on him.

I can't see him wanting to go to China... In fairness to him, he doesn't really come across as money driven.

I can't see him going in the summer.

I think its written for him to go join Pogba once Zlatan is done at United

Before you guys go slating me, this isnt about the Rom in or Rom out crowd.

I was curious as a lot of people away from everton think if Lukaku goes, we are screwed.

I looked at teh points gained in games he has scored against points gained in games he hasen't scored in.

Points gamed from games Rom has scored in: 23
Points gained from games Rom has not scored in: 18

Looking more in depth, His game changing goals (winners, equalizer, opening goals) Lukaku got 3 goals away at sunderland is a 3-0 win, 4 against bournemouth in a 6-4 win, an equalizer versus Man City away and home to palace, the opening goal in a 2-0 win v west ham and the opening goal in a 4-0 win vrs Man City. Total Points:14 points

His less important goals in games (Not affected points difference, concelation goals) were a 3rd in a routing home win v boro, 2 in a 3-2 away defeat to watford, a late 2nd versus leicester away, and a 3rd at home to southampton

So Lukaku is maybe worth an extra 14 points so far this season, but then again who is to say his replacement/deputy would not of gained 6-9 points themselves.

I rate him as a goalscorer, i really, really do. I just dont think he is as important to us as oposition fans or other media outlets make out

I just dont think he is as important to us as oposition fans or other media outlets make out

No-one ever is really, after the dust settles.

For once we have the resources (although not the CL) to go and replace him with the finished article.

So Lukaku is maybe worth an extra 14 points so far this season, but then again who is to say his replacement/deputy would not of gained 6-9 points themselves.

I rate him as a goalscorer, i really, really do. I just dont think he is as important to us as oposition fans or other media outlets make out

No-one ever is really, after the dust settles.

For once we have the resources (although not the CL) to go and replace him with the finished article.

Come on now lads, this is silly.

There are no strikers better than him that we could bring in. He is quite literally the best we can afford and HE PLAYS FOR US. Why should we let him go? To get a "finished article? To get someone people rate from FIFA? No thanks.

He is an outstanding goal scorer and developing every week into a better all round footballer and striker. If you can't see that, then there's no helping you.

Come on now lads, this is silly.

There are no strikers better than him that we could bring in. He is quite literally the best we can afford and HE PLAYS FOR US. Why should we let him go? To get a "finished article? To get someone people rate from FIFA? No thanks.

He is an outstanding goal scorer and developing every week into a better all round footballer and striker. If you can't see that, then there's no helping you.

Totally agree about his ability and the struggle to replace him, but honestly, I don't think there is such a thing as not letting someone go! if he wants out it's detrimental to us and the squad to keep him around.

However if his recent (and previous) comments are code for "give me more money", then yes we can and should definitely keep him.

And because it now bears posting again:

IMG_3831.webp

And because it now bears posting again:

View attachment 34677

Why does it? Everybody knows this about him - he's an incredible goalscorer. That is not and never has been the issue some have with him, but at this point it's literally not worth explaining what the issues are as people simply cannot comprehend the difference between being an incredible goalscorer and an incredible footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back