Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will definitely have a clause (or a clause that enables a clause if it's a CL club bidding at a certain time in a window etc.).

Reckon it'll be £60m (ball-park) myself.

It'll be in excess of £70m. Otherwise there's no point from Everton's point of view of offering him a new deal, as his value is around £60m this summer anyway.

Glad he's signing a new deal
And that should be the top and bottom of it for all fans. No one thought we could ever buy him, no one thought after the last two seasons we could keep him and no one thought he would sign a new contract, some were even dismissing it when his agent said he would.

So why is there any need for a negative slant on a deal for a player the British media and fans of others clubs thought could never happen and it appears as if Moshiri has done the business.

What would you say it will be?

Best Guess, IF there is one, it'll be tied with CL footy clubs making the offer and will be 70m+ (and only open till a set date each summer)

The market has gone insane - so any talk of a 50m release clause is daft - as escalation in prices has gone through the roof. Similarly daft as the express story saying we are now gonna be paying him 100k - it'll be far far more than that

But honestly, not a single one of us know what on earth his contract will contain or even if it will have a release clause in it (which would be the clubs first ever one i believe) - also can't remember if Riaola is an agent who often actually includes release clauses in his clients contracts btw, can't off the top of my head think of any who've moved due to one (Ibra - nope, Pogba - nope, Mkritaryan - no, Baoltelli - no, Hamsik - no)

Best Guess, IF there is one, it'll be tied with CL footy clubs making the offer and will be 70m+ (and only open till a set date each summer)

The market has gone insane - so any talk of a 50m release clause is daft - as escalation in prices has gone through the roof. Similarly daft as the express story saying we are now gonna be paying him 100k - it'll be far far more than that

But honestly, not a single one of us know what on earth his contract will contain or even if it will have a release clause in it (which would be the clubs first ever one i believe) - also can't remember if Riaola is an agent who often actually includes release clauses in his clients contracts btw, can't off the top of my head think of any who've moved due to one (Ibra - nope, Pogba - nope, Mkritaryan - no, Baoltelli - no, Hamsik - no)
He keeps them on the move though. That we do know.

The best guide here is that you look at it from an ambitious young footballer's perspective: do you really tie yourself down to a contract that deters a CL club tipping up and making a bid for you? I think not. You get your agent to ease your passage out of this club given that we are simply miles off CL football ourselves.

Any deal would have a release clause of around £50M.

Good job you're always wrong.

I think we hit that "one more season" point last summer mate. I believe we have an understanding in place already. Time will tell, but I see this as his last season here.

Koeman's reaction to that question about Lukaku's contract didn't sound like it was going well.

I dont. But it makes sense that Lukaku will sign a deal with Everton with a release clause. Sensible for him and for Everton.
I agree that it is highly likely a release clause is in place. I can see why Lukaku would agree to it being £50m, but just can't imagine that would be anywhere near high enough for the club. Wouldn't be surprised if it were something like £60m from a European Champions League club and £70/75m for a premier club.

He keeps them on the move though. That we do know.

The best guide here is that you look at it from an ambitious young footballer's perspective: do you really tie yourself down to a contract that deters a CL club tipping up and making a bid for you? I think not. You get your agent to ease your passage out of this club given that we are simply miles off CL football ourselves.

Riaola and this is purely guesswork may be looking at tgexateiking market and the fact nearly all the top ones atm are around 30+ and be figuring his ability to get lukaku a huge move as one of there replacements us best achieved in a couple of years mate, player will be at his very peak then, deals are getting higher and higher each year, and lukaku is set to be at his optimum value then, remember as well mate, a low fee isn't neccesarily in the agents interest as he eecieves a portion of that fee, hence him rolling in it after pogba went for that amount.

Can see a post world cup sale myself like.

We'd get £50m for him this summer with no new deal. Why on earth would Everton put a £50m clause in a new deal??? We just got £50m for Stones..

Raiola absolutely rinsed Manu to get Pogba for best part of £100 mil ....just imagine how much he'd quoting Rom for.
Thats if we dont match Rom's ambitions.
This is a massive Win Win for all concerned here.....fantastic piece of business.

Riaola and this is purely guesswork may be looking at tgexateiking market and the fact nearly all the top ones atm are around 30+ and be figuring his ability to get lukaku a huge move as one of there replacements us best achieved in a couple of years mate, player will be at his very peak then, deals are getting higher and higher each year, and lukaku is set to be at his optimum value then, remember as well mate, a low fee isn't neccesarily in the agents interest as he eecieves a portion of that fee, hence him rolling in it after pogba went for that amount.

Can see a post world cup sale myself like.
Lukaku's stock isn't likely to get higher than this season, imo. In a side like this where he pretty much has to carve out most of his own chances the likely 20-22 tally he'll notch up this season is the very limit.

Of course, his agent might gamble on Lukaku having a great World Cup and see what he'll fetch then. But that is a very big gamble.

Overall I cant see beyond another 12 months of Lukaku as an Everton player. He wont get CL football here imo.

Lukaku's stock isn't likely to get higher than this season, imo. In a side like this where he pretty much has to carve out most of his own chances the likely 20-22 tally he'll notch up this season is the very limit.

Of course, his agent might gamble on Lukaku having a great World Cup and see what he'll fetch then. But that is a very big gamble.

Overall I cant see beyond another 12 months of Lukaku as an Everton player. He wont get CL football here imo.

Thanks for taking a slash all over our chips.... again.

Release clause should be £60m minimum for a Champions League side and another £10m or £20m for any side not in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back