Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if this imminent new contract news was a way for his manager to push other clubs into contacting him with sly offers before he signs a new deal with us. With less years left on his contract it makes it cheaper for them. Rom obviously knows something otherwise he would just sign it and take the money whilst waiting for another club to come in. If there was a high release clause in the contract then that might make him wait to see how the season pans out first. If he keeps banging them in I can't not see a perceived bigger club coming in for him.

If he does go to a CL club, which being realistic, may happen in the summer, I just hope we make it clear that he isn't going to a top 4 side in England.

Selling him to a Spurs or Chelsea would damage us. Selling him to PSG wouldn't as long as we get big money for him.

This Terreur seems to dislike Everton he once said if he is Lukaku he ain't staying. Guess he is another medicore mouthpiece who try to sell our player and licking the shoes of the Sky6.
Pretty much this. The Belgian media seems to view moving their national players to better clubs as part of their job and constantly go on about it

Hasn't he got 2 years left? If so, we can keep him another year and sell next summer. We'd still get decent money for him as clubs would be competing with each other to sign him.

We've heard of how players we're interested in, and have only 1 year on their contract are still at a high price (Keane at Burnley for £20m?). If the player is sought after by a few clubs then the price stays high even if there's only 1 year left on the deal. Its a gamble but one worth taking if he doesn't sign that extension.
Don't we have a similar situation with Ross already? He has 1 year left once we get to the end of this season.

unfortunately, until he signs the deal or is sold we're going to have things like this every day from the media. Collymoore - who i normally don't mind - did an article about why Spurs should break the bank for him.... again total trash click bait but it gets recycled and becomes breaking news. The worst part of all these stories are they make out like little plucky Everton have absolutely no say in any of this. When Rom wants to move he'll move and we should just be thankful our top players are wanted by Sky's favorite clubs. Same with Ross.

In reality him signing a new contract offers no guarantee he’ll be here next season and had it not been for his agent and Jim White talking up how this was practically done I don’t think any of us would have been surprised if a new deal didn’t surface. This impending fume has been generated by the club for allowing the fan’s to believe this was much closer than it seems to be.

If he keeps playing like he is we'll have to fend off some serious bids for him in the summer which is why it's vitally important he signs the contract.

If he comes out and says he wants to go then I'll wish him all the best and thank him for his service. We'll make a tidy profit on him to re-invest with the Moshibags funds.

My concern would be that Everton, as we stand at the minute, wouldn't be able to attract a player of comparable quality whereas in 3 years with CL football, new stadium imminent etc we would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back