Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate, because if he is bought by United or similar he will be taking a huge pay cut won't he...
I'm not suggesting he would, but it's quite possible another club won't offer the same as we did because he may not be as important to them and it may have a domino effect on their wage bill.

Regardless of that, it's always been quite clear that lukaku is a driven, ambitious footballer. I can't really find it in my heart to call a player all sorts if they move to a club where they can play on the big stage and win stuff rather than finish mid table with us. But then I'm a fairly rational human being and not just a hateful, rabid, one eyed football fan.

The agent Mino is probably the best at what he does. He plays both sides and is a snake of the highest order.

Should have a read of Ibra's book who also has him as his agent, shows how this guy operates.

Really poor timing for this to come out now, with the run & feel good factor that's we are on. If that's Rom's doing, really poor from him.

Has to of been tapped up, just has to
I thought this at first but at least we know where we stand now. Better now than August 15th.

Really poor timing for this to come out now, with the run & feel good factor that's we are on. If that's Rom's doing, really poor from him.

Has to of been tapped up, just has to
I thought this at first but at least we know where we stand now. Better now than August 15th.

Rom heard Koeman is off to Barca and has already told Ross he'll accept him over there on a Bosman so Lukaku changed his mind about signing

Utterly deflated

I just wish the club hadn't gotten our hopes up last week

I was hoping for at least one more season from Rom

He'll be very difficult to replace

It'll be especially brutal if he rejoins Chelsea

Got to get as much money for him as possible and hope it's spent well

Don't be.

We won't be able to find a like for like replacement for Lukaku. However, that doesn't mean we will be weakened. We will have money to buy 2 lesser players that can actually chip in with the same amount of goals as he would, and they may bring more to the team in other ways. We have relied too much on Lukaku in the past few seasons anyway with his good luck with injuries.

Lukaku is a top top goal scorer and deserves to be playing for the best clubs in Europe. He has given us 4 good seasons with plenty of goals but we're now in a position to move on and strengthen when he leaves.

There are only 2 or 3 clubs in the World that can hang on to their star players. Look at where Spurs are now compared to when they had Bale. Genuine title challenge last season, probably about to get in the top 4 again, and in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup.

Lukaku is easily worth £100m he guarantees goals. I'm not sure what figure it's been reported that him and his agent wanted in the contract, but if it's anything less than that, Everton would be basically agreeing to his sake before a buyer was sounded out.

This is a terrible terrible bit of news for Evertonians.

My go at second guessing what's gone on.
  • Lukaku wants off. Shock.
  • Everton, currently can prevent this.
  • Raiola knows this, and wanted a new deal with a minimum fee release.
  • Both parties then, want/wanted a deal.
  • Everton/Raiola couldn't agree that fee. Raiola wanting less, knowing he has teams who'd pay an amount.
  • Raiola turned to the media - 99.99999% done stuff was solely to add pressure on Everton to accept their terms.
  • Everton won't budge.
  • Lukaku comments and todays media leak the last attempt to secure that contract renewal to avoid derailing EFC season.
I hope Everton stand firm, accept no deal with a low minimum fee. A deal now with a low minimum fee means Lukaku leaves in the summer and Raiola pockets from Everton in the immediate, and for the transfer.

He has 2 years after this one remaining. What's Lukaku worth to Everton a season?

Very astute analysis of the situation mate, my own hope is that we call the agents bluff, he lives off commissions on deals, make it be known that we will keep him for his contract and bring in a replacement meaning he will see a huge reduction in game time, berahino him in effect, riaola will brick himself at the loss in his fees.

As for lukaku, if he doesn't see the love he has and respect the club and fans enough to not craps all over us at a crucial time, then honestly hope he ends up another balotelli.

tumblr_nu6qj3fwAD1sm3vxwo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back