Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all a game, looks like they don't want a release clause as high as 90m. So in theory he's looking to move anyway....

Dont give him a contract with a smaller release clause in, and sell him in the summer at our price, if not keep him till the summer after. Then show him we mean business.....hen he can leave for £60m hopefully we've moved on by then.
If its true that we wanted a £90m release clause then the club must be deluded to think any player in Roms situation would sign it.

I think hes happy to stay but if a big European club or a top 4 type of team comes in for him he wants to be able to move on which i wouldn't blame him.

I would be fine with a £75m buyout clause in any new contract, its a great fee for him and would show some form of compromise where both parties are relatively happy with the deal.

There is zero chance we get £60m for him when he has one year left of his contract.

Unfortunately for us, as of yet we have not guaranteed European football, taking away the emotion, this is how I would position myself if I were Lukaku and similarly I agree with Koeman and negativity regarding agents. Indeed he will be sold before next season, if there is no new contract signed.

See, that mentality will get us nowhere. Walsh will be all over this and pull a striker out of the hat on the same level as when Gueye was a ready made replacement for Kante.

Dont think my mentality is going to to effect any decisions in tthe club. I agree that walsh can being in decent players. But not a top front man. They are near impossible to find.

Isn't it important to put this into perspective? We hear he doesn't want to sign the contract ... the press (naturally) put 2 and 2 together. So we wait and see and if he wants to go then likely Arsenal or United (possibly City) or a top European side will come knocking.

His attitude has always been poor, It will be at an all time low now, He's won't want to risk injury before the summer

Coordinated media release at 5.00 pm. Club/Agent, not 100& who.
Agent I reckon. Last time I looked club hadn't even announced it on OS. Everyone's press releases, which was clearly co-ordinated as they pretty much came out at the same time, were almost identical in wording and also very much from Roms side saying that it's about ambition not money. This is certainly the agents work imo.

if rom dropped this bombshell on the club late afternoon I doubt if they could have organised this well orchestrated event in time.

I'm more angry than Mike Strutter after he's downed a whole bottle of Viaggro pills.

Why can't he just say he's not going to think about signing a new contract until the summer and then pee off quietly during the off season. Now we are going to have toxic atmospheres for the rest of the season and likely a downturn in form too.

Why is it always the way with Everton that as one door opens another one slams shut in our faces.

We will get over him and be stronger for it. I hope he chokes at his next club like he did with Chelsea twice.

I'm more angry than Mike Strutter after he's downed a whole bottle of Viaggro pills.

Why can't he just say he's not going to think about signing a new contract until the summer and then pee off quietly during the off season. Now we are going to have toxic atmospheres for the rest of the season and likely a downturn in form too.

Why is it always the way with Everton that as one door opens another one slams shut in our faces.

We will get over him and be stronger for it. I hope he chokes at his next club like he did with Chelsea twice.

This.

We've had a chance to keep him and failed miserably, 11th, 11th and this season will most likely be 7th. 3 seasons to get where Romelu and Everton want to be, its not happened and he has been honest all along saying he wants Champions League football soon.

We can't give him that and he now wants it now not in a few years.

My favourite player and would love it if he stayed but doubt it'll happen. If we finish top 4 this season then theres a chance but thats me dreaming.

Yes we have had 2 Windows to get players in and alls we've done is show him that we are nowhere near competing with proper teams who just go out and by class players, Rom has seen that the way we're going about signings it's going to take years for the young players to become capable of challenging the top 4.

I really have to laugh at the people who last week were claiming Rom has been guaranteed world class players in the summer after watching how typically bad we've been in the last 2 windows.

Clubs fault not Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back