Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope

For that to be true would mean he's the best striker we could/can attract

Fair point....but how do you categorically know he's the best striker we could/can attract when a) money talks, and b) you don't know the quality and availability of everyone worldwide in the game?

Fair point....but how do you categorically know he's the best striker we could/can attract when a) money talks, and b) you don't know the quality and availability of everyone worldwide in the game?

Look at the signings we have made in the last 10 years

We can not attract top quality players, We would need to get very very lucky again and sign a young striker who turns out to be a beast

We will end up with King

Whilst I think he's a RS tool, just been watching Soccer Special there and Paul Walsh nailed it.

"The contracts been on the table for months, Raiola has said so himself 99.999% done, for something to have happened to change that, is only down to Lukaku and his agent... They've played Everton, and thats where football is at the moment, players have no loyalies, this is the first part of the story, and wouldn't surprise me if he re-signed, but on his terms"
This is how I read it, this has still got some way to run. It's all about brinkmanship, either way, the player will get what wants, either here or somewhere else.

Your deluded if you think ambition has no part in this.
Its not like he is going to West Ham for double his pay.

The fact is one of the elite clubs are going to buy him. All those pretty much always get out the champions league group stages.

Any reason why you have to be derogatory? It's just a debate amongst Evertonians.

What a team...they played us goooood with their numbers.
fantasy_island_cast_47813l.webp

Look at the signings we have made in the last 10 years

We can not attract top quality players, We would need to get very very lucky again and sign a young striker who turns out to be a beast

We will end up with King

We attracted Lukaku when everyone guffawed about the notion.

And now we have stacks of money that we didn't have in the last 10 years.

Money changes everything.....ask Rom and Raiola.

Rom agitating for a move to a CL club, and looking to his own career ahead of Everton.

This is a real bolt out the blue. If only there'd been some indication of this from his previous comments on the subject.
His reluctance to commit to a new contract said it all. Actions speak louder than words and his failure to commit to a new contract, meant today's events was always likely.

OK.

You win the internet.

Well played.

Your not making any sense pal.
If you want to debate, lets debate rather than try being edgy.

You claim Rom is only leaving for the money. I said hes not and its delusion to think so.
Now I dont see what is wrong with that and why you seem to have taken such offence you believe someone is being derogatory to you.
I even stated the clubs he is going to go to are clubs which regularly qualify for the latter stages of the Champions League and regularly put trophies on the board.

If you honestly think its down purely to money then I would be delighted to know why you think this so I can carry on this debate.

His reluctance to commit to a new contract said it all. Actions speak louder than words and his failure to commit to a new contract, meant today's events was always likely.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract. Rom will do what's best for Rom. Had he had a decent offer in previous close-seasons he'd have gone already.

Would love him to stay. If he goes, he goes.

I think it's a pity that this is happening now, rather than two years from now, when we're (frank)furt(h)er along in our process. Obviously it's disappointing that he won't sign a new deal, but, if we're being honest with ourselves, it's understandable. He has been here for a number of seasons, and although things are clearly on the up, he's arriving into his mid twenties, and being the best striker in the league, it's understandable that he'd want Champions League football. Realistically, we're probably two/three seasons from that. Hopefully we invest the transfer money wisely, and strengthen the first eleven. Personally, I'd love to see a strong replacement striker and a good, pacy wide man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back