Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute rubbish. If he's quitting for ambition would he join any one of the so-called big clubs for a reduction in wages? Not a freaking chance. He's an elite professional footballer and they live on earning ridiculous sums of money...and still wanting more.

Your deluded.
Sign for a big club but take a reduction in wages? Its not some moral highground. You dont be a 75m player and get a reduction in wages.

Its only natural his wage will increase.

JS100943173.jpg

This fella has always been the most likely replacement for me....young, strong and direct. Not got Roms pedigree yet, but Rom wasn't born a star and still struggles with certain aspects. Dembele and the very, very exciting Ademola Lookman will do me. NEA if they're both young and inexperienced.

3-0 Arsenal? 2-0 Chelsea Fa Cup? 3-3 Liverpool to name a few. One of the best strikers we've had and losing him is going to be heartbreaking, but at the same time I believe Ronald and Steve Walsh can make the best of the money coming in and continue to transform Everton into a top top club again

He said big games mate.
Out of them three only one was in the grand scheme of things.

Utd in the semi
City away in the semi

They are big games; not league fixtures with not a lot riding on them.

I hear Barkley has more "Chances Created" than last season, so we're off to a flier there.

Bloody Rom, keeps missing the chances that Ross is creating !

Anyway, having read a load of stuff on the internet it appears there's a stand-off over the release clause. Hopefully a compromise will be reached and the media stuff is as much about putting pressure on the club as much as anything.

We all know he'll be off if he doesn't get CL footie with us, it's really a case of how long he's prepared to wait, and what we're willing to sell him for if someone comes in for him in the meantime.

I'm feeling slightly better now

*strokes @Ernie

Whilst I think he's a RS tool, just been watching Soccer Special there and Paul Walsh nailed it.

"The contracts been on the table for months, Raiola has said so himself 99.999% done, for something to have happened to change that, is only down to Lukaku and his agent... They've played Everton, and thats where football is at the moment, players have no loyalies, this is the first part of the story, and wouldn't surprise me if he re-signed, but on his terms"

Costa will be off to china I guess come this summer and Chelsea will see rom as the natural, proven, powerful premiership striker to replace him. United I don't think will be in the champions league next season, so it would be foolish for him to go there, if they're not in the champions league. Would prefer psg myself, as him coming back to Everton with Chelsea is a sickening thought. Horrible football club.

Lacazette
Batshuayi
Dembele
Dolberg
Icardi
Belotti
Iheanacho
Rashford

All young, exciting strikers who could be available (some to loan) in summer, I think this is actually a good time to sell and replace a striker - there is an abundance of suitable others out there

Your deluded.
Sign for a big club but take a reduction in wages? Its not some moral highground. You dont be a 75m player and get a reduction in wages.

Its only natural his wage will increase.

No delusion Jinki....just making the point that he's moving for money not ambition. Don't kid yourself...we all do it. Somebody offers you or me a job at twice our salary and we'd be off like a rocket.
This rubbish they all spin about wanting Champions League....most of them never get any further than the group stage unless they end up at Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

Whilst I think he's a RS tool, just been watching Soccer Special there and Paul Walsh nailed it.

"The contracts been on the table for months, Raiola has said so himself 99.999% done, for something to have happened to change that, is only down to Lukaku and his agent... They've played Everton, and thats where football is at the moment, players have no loyalies, this is the first part of the story, and wouldn't surprise me if he re-signed, but on his terms"

Maybe Everton refuse to be held to ransom by a player who is , in all fairness , an " employee " of the club

Lacazette
Batshuayi
Dembele
Dolberg
Icardi
Belotti
Iheanacho
Rashford

All young, exciting strikers who could be available (some to loan) in summer, I think this is actually a good time to sell and replace a striker - there is an abundance of suitable others out there

In theory, we should be able too.
I firmly believe once clubs get one, its very much easier to get others, especially if they do well.

Athletico..sell Torres, buy someone, sell them, buy someone.
Liverpool signed Torres, Suarez, Firminhio in recent years.
Chelsea signed Torres, Costa, Drogba.

No delusion Jinki....just making the point that he's moving for money not ambition. Don't kid yourself...we all do it. Somebody offers you or me a job at twice our salary and we'd be off like a rocket.
This rubbish they all spin about wanting Champions League....most of them never get any further than the group stage unless they end up at Madrid, Barca or Bayern.

Your deluded if you think ambition has no part in this.
Its not like he is going to West Ham for double his pay.

The fact is one of the elite clubs are going to buy him. All those pretty much always get out the champions league group stages.

In theory, we should be able too.
I firmly believe once clubs get one, its very much easier to get others, especially if they do well.

Athletico..sell Torres, buy someone, sell them, buy someone.
Liverpool signed Torres, Suarez, Firminhio in recent years.
Chelsea signed Torres, Costa, Drogba.

Athletico's business especially with strikers is absolutely amazing, I think we will be okay post-Lukaku

Costa will win the league this season. He will play CL football next season, coming up agaibst the worlds best will have the chance to win more trophies, yet he will be pushing for a move to China and we are criticising Rom for wanting to better himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back