Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem is mate is if it's true that it's down to the fee of the release clause that we want inserted into the contract, then you would think it's only going to be signed if the club lower the amount of that release clause, would look weak if we backed down.

I am sure a bit of negotiating would sort that problem out very easily.

No. Because Leicester was/is a freak example and not an elite club.
He is going to go to an elite level club, one that regularly plays in the latter stages of all competitions and win trophies on a regular basis.

Players move every few years because of clubs as well. Clubs are about as loyal to players as players are to them too.
Whilst I dont know your employment but if you were offered the chance to progress up in the world, go to a higher profile job/better company/improved prospects, would you not go? Irrespective of money. Chances are that you will get offered more money anyway as the employer is trying to get you from a rival anyway but would you really say 'yes I would be delighted to join you and you can even pay me less than what I earn now. Even though your bending over backwards to sign me up'.

Do you honestly expect him to stay if a club comes in for him which regularly wins trophies/competes at the top end of competitions whilst we try and establish ourselves again amongst the top end of the PL?

I stand by my comments. If you think this is purely down to money your deluded. How would you feel if Everton said 'we will pay you 50k more than whatever anyone else is offering you'. Would him signing be down to money or ambition?

Well, assuming we're not an elite club, if he signed for us for £50K more than anyone else would pay then clearly it would be down to money. Bit of a nonsensical question really. And yes, you don't know my employment. Being that I'm so deluded I'm surprised you even think I'm employed.

We're going nowhere. You have your view, mine differs from that. I bid you goodnight.

Well, assuming we're not an elite club, if he signed for us for £50K more than anyone else would pay then clearly it would be down to money. Bit of a nonsensical question really. And yes, you don't know my employment. Being that I'm so deluded I'm surprised you even think I'm employed.

We're going nowhere. You have your view, mine differs from that. I bid you goodnight.

That is fair enough.

But why come out now and say "No, im not signing"
Just when we are on a good run and pushing for european places, this will kill the team spirit, you just watch.

He didnt need to answer the way he did. But i understand everyone will have different opinions on this but thats mine.

P.S Yes iv had a bad day and this has made it worse:mad::cheers:

He tends to have such habit right before the end of each season. Just hoping his act will not affect our team and form.

P.S He did warn the fans a couple of weeks ago. His FIFA score will stay as 84 if he remains so he needs to move back to Chelski(n). Blame Jim White and blame FIFA not upper his stats.

Only problem is mate is if it's true that it's down to the fee of the release clause that we want inserted into the contract, then you would think it's only going to be signed if the club lower the amount of that release clause, would look weak if we backed down.

I hope we dont backdown one inch, if we do we run the risk of losing him for a lower fee, cant be having that. As with Stones I fully expect us to play hard and get the right deal for us, im gutted this is going to happen but the club have to face the reality on this, awful situation

Even though it's disappointing it's hardly surprising. He's always had the ambition to play champions league football. Even our manager early in the year was advocating this (still can't believe koeman said this). He's given us 4 years, he's always considered us a stepping stone, judging by his comments over the years. What's made it the more galling was his recent comments by his agent, stating a new contract was 99% agreed. It led many of us to believe we'd get another year out of rom, but sadly that doesn't seem the case. Let's hope his swansong is a glut of goals to get us in the top 6.

I suspect he's happy enough to sign and maybe is open to one last year if we show some ambition with our signings and no one offers enough, but it's clear he'd like the option to leave if a decent offer comes in and obviously thinks the club are taking the piss a bit with the £90m figure. I don't really disagree with him on that as I can't see anyone paying that. I think we simply have to meet him something like half-way on this and just hope the clause we agree to isn't triggered. His goals have carried us for a while now and he's never demanded a move. Let him go out the front door as he'd like at a fair price if we have to.

I'd hope we can agree on something higher than £70m. He's worth that and more.

Bloody Rom, keeps missing the chances that Ross is creating !

Anyway, having read a load of stuff on the internet it appears there's a stand-off over the release clause. Hopefully a compromise will be reached and the media stuff is as much about putting pressure on the club as much as anything.

We all know he'll be off if he doesn't get CL footie with us, it's really a case of how long he's prepared to wait, and what we're willing to sell him for if someone comes in for him in the meantime.

I'm feeling slightly better now

*strokes @Ernie

That's not changed anything materially though. We knew all that tonight when the reports came out about him not agreeing to sign due to a contract clause. He was always going to be ours until such a point this summer or next season when it's triggered...because sure as eggs are eggs we wont be getting CL footy the season after next.

What it all demonstrates is business as usual at the club: it's a hologram this new Moshiri era.

I suspect he's happy enough to sign and maybe is open to one last year if we show some ambition with our signings and no one offers enough, but it's clear he'd like the option to leave if a decent offer comes in and obviously thinks the club are taking the piss a bit with the £90m figure. I don't really disagree with him on that as I can't see anyone paying that. I think we simply have to meet him something like half-way on this and just hope the clause we agree to isn't triggered. His goals have carried us for a while now and he's never demanded a move. Let him go out the front door as he'd like at a fair price if we have to.

I'd hope we can agree on something higher than £70m. He's worth that and more.

70m clause but can't be activated this summer would do me.

I don't blame him one iota for being ambitious, anyone who suddenly hates him or boos him at the game should take the blue tinted specs off. He wants to play in the Champions League, why should he price himself out of the chance to do that just so half the ground can carry on slagging him off everyweek for not running enough? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally gutted about it all but I'm a realist. I'd be more gutted if Ross follows him because he's one of us. What genuinely worries me though is how Koeman replaces him, his signings so far have been hit and miss. I'll fume if he wastes the money on more mid table crap like Bolasie

Nobody seems to know anything. It's probably more sensible to wait for him to make a decision before getting to excited either way.

hmmm if only it was that simple
It really is that simple mate....IMO he's wanted away from the day he signed for us. Does anyone ever forget the times away with Belgium when he couldnt keep his trap shut about wanting a Bigger club. The moment Raiola got involved there was always one outcome , that moment has come now.
If he had any affinity to our club this would never have came out in a flipant interview with a 2nd rate hack, it would have been easier to just say "speak to my agent"....says a lot to me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back