Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame him one iota for being ambitious, anyone who suddenly hates him or boos him at the game should take the blue tinted specs off. He wants to play in the Champions League, why should he price himself out of the chance to do that just so half the ground can carry on slagging him off everyweek for not running enough? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally gutted about it all but I'm a realist. I'd be more gutted if Ross follows him because he's one of us. What genuinely worries me though is how Koeman replaces him, his signings so far have been hit and miss. I'll fume if he wastes the money on more mid table crap like Bolasie.

Exactly my friend. Romelu leaving is not the big problem. The big problem is replacing him and spending the money we receive wisely. My one wish is that we do not try to sign many average players and hope to get lucky. We must go and try to sign a top replacement.

Maybe I'm just a dumb American here, but isn't it better for the club if he doesn't sign the new contract? What does EFC gain by the new contract? If he signs, he gets the higher wages, and gets his release clause, whether it's for 60 or 90 or somewhere in between. If he doesn't, he stays on his current (underpaid in all honesty) wages, and we can put him up for auction on a free market in the summer, selling him for our price and to our chosen club. Can someone explain to me why it's such a bad thing that he's not signing this new deal? If the fact is that he wants to leave anyway, the contract doesn't seem to do us any good.

Agree with your comment on the detractors on here, never understood that..
But I am still of the opinion this is all part of the negotiation game... he is not walking into any established CL team and has been pointed out here before, how many can afford him? As much as I rate him, is he going to walk into any of those teams that can afford him as the main striker? One thing we should all be able to agree on with Rom is he won't be happy on the bench, he wasn't at 18 at Chelsea in the CL, so will he be anywhere at 24 on the bench...not likely
That's some subtle negotiating strategy: sign or we'll tell the world that you're a mercenary and want to leave us.

As said: blood in the water now.

Summer this lad will be gone, regardless of what face saving nonsense they cobble together from this point, and I wouldn't blame Lukaku one little bit.

That's not changed anything materially though. We knew all that tonight when the reports came out about him not agreeing to sign due to a contract clause. He was always going to be ours until such a point this summer or next season when it's triggered...because sure as eggs are eggs we wont be getting CL footy the season after next.

What it all demonstrates is business as usual at the club: it's a hologram this new Moshiri era.

Oh look another anti moshiri post, what a shock.

He tends to have such habit right before the end of each season. Just hoping his act will not affect our team and form.

P.S He did warn the fans a couple of weeks ago. His FIFA score will stay as 84 if he remains so he needs to move back to Chelski(n). Blame Jim White and blame FIFA not upper his stats.

@chicoazul

It really is that simple mate....IMO he's wanted away from the day he signed for us. Does anyone ever forget the times away with Belgium when he couldnt keep his trap shut about wanting a Bigger club. The moment Raiola got involved there was always one outcome , that moment has come now.
If he had any affinity to our club this would never have came out in a flipant interview with a 2nd rate hack, it would have been easier to just say "speak to my agent"....says a lot to me that.

Think that's always been the thing with him, you never got the feeling he was ever emotionally involved with us (if you know what I mean) the funny thing is I've never taken to him as one of those players you love or have any affection for, as long as he was banging them in then I was happy, that was it.

That's some subtle negotiating strategy: sign or we'll tell the world that you're a mercenary and want to leave us.

As said: blood in the water now.

Summer this lad will be gone, regardless of what face saving nonsense they cobble together from this point, and I wouldn't blame Lukaku one little bit.

But you would blame a player who stuck with us and called out a manager. Utter joke mate.

Oh look another anti moshiri post, what a shock.
He needs some negative posting too. Evertonians trumpeting this feller like he's a saviour when he's done the square root of f.aa.

The sooner the heat is turned up on him the better. He might actually start doing something that doesn't involve handing himself a massive wedge at the end of this adventure for him.

Needs to squeeze one out or get off the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back