Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the top goalscorer in the Premier League at 23 years old.. He's surely world class.

World class is thrown around so easily these days. Lukaku has everything to be world class, but at this moment, he's not. Maybe it depends on definition of world class. For me, there are maybe five or six world class players. Not even one for each position.

Hels had that chance and blown it. Siging up Lukaku should be like shooting fish in a barrel. Now we have a player who's agent has got the reduced trigger clause and he can go when he wants.

Dave give it a rest ffs, actual kopites who come on here wind blues up less than a so called "passionate evertonian" such as yourself.

He's as easy to sign up as was Bale and Suarez oh and Ronaldo, he's too good for us right now best we can hope for is £70 million in the Transfer window and Koeman reinvests it wisely.

Moshiri has offered wages higher than any club outside the top 5 pay (more than what Kane is on at Spurs) and he and his agent are playing the game for a release clause.

Moving forward our best hope is announce the stadium asap, spend a wedge in the summer and do well in Europe and we'll move on from Rom as we done when Rooney left.

He was always going to be ours until such a point this summer or next season when it's triggered
Oh, for sure, that's always been likely

...because sure as eggs are eggs we wont be getting CL footy the season after next.

You may be right on that, but if I was as unduly negative/realistic* as your good self I think I'd seriously consider why I bothered. I just hope you don't do any voluntary work for the Samaritans !

*delete as appropriate

The stadium 'news' will be that we have agreed a fee for land - no real news at all; the Lukaku contract should it be signed will result in him leaving this summer or next.

Surely he can't do more than that though? He can't magic up a stadium lol. On top of that, this is football. Clubs sell players, it happens.

Let's cryarse about it when he actually leaves.

I agree but we want to start winning things instead of just existing

Agreed.

We are hardly dripping with trophies with him either though are we?

Better players than him have left Everton. We muddled on by. For once we are actually in a position where we can adapt to any major losses.

Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom around the place right now with talk of Lukaku going and Koeman being linked with other jobs. Thats life though, if they go they go and we can get in some people who want to be at the club instead of people who are not that bothered.

Dave give it a rest ffs, actual kopites who come on here wind blues up less than a so called "passionate evertonian" such as yourself.

He's as easy to sign up as was Bale and Suarez oh and Ronaldo, he's too good for us right now best we can hope for is £70 million in the Transfer window and Koeman reinvests it wisely.

Moshiri has offered wages higher than any club outside the top 5 pay (more than what Kane is on at Spurs) and he and his agent are playing the game for a release clause.

Moving forward our best hope is announce the stadium asap, spend a wedge in the summer and do well in Europe and we'll move on from Rom as we done when Rooney left.
I agree the stadium is the most important thing. But all we'll get in the next few days on that is a tentative declaration on land price understanding with Peel and an intention to build there. No planning permission, no scheme in place, no dates.

WTF is the hold up? get it sorted. Anderson talking bollocks on twitter is no substitute.

Oh, for sure, that's always been likely

You may be right on that, but if I was as unduly negative/realistic* as your good self I think I'd seriously consider why I bothered. I just hope you don't do any voluntary work for the Samaritans !

*delete as appropriate
Ha Ha.

...well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back