Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottom line is should he leave, as now seems likely, NO Player (or manager for that matter) is bigger than the club. As good as Lukaku is ( and only Kane is possibly better than him in the PL) we've lost better players than him in the past and we're still here. To suggest he is irreplaceable is naive . With the money we gain our vaunted scouting team will have the pick of up and coming strikers worldwide. As long as we don't return to type and buy any of the remaindered strikers like Austin or Sturridge et al who lurk around the PL. that is.

I remember Kenwright being interviewed in London when Moyes said he was going to Man United. The club let him run hs contract down
discussions had already taken place with saf, `Kenwright looked upset saying I spoke to David two days ago and we were planning the usa tour`
So I am glad we have learnt from that and are not soft touches anymore, highest bidder summer see ya !

To be honest the whole thing smacks of the time there was a public and press discussion about Gerrard leaving for Chelsea - offended fan hysteria - limited facts - big story.

In that one, there was real interest from another Club and emotions ran high due to him being local and (arguably) loyal once he got what he wanted.

I'd love Lukaku to stay - perhaps our no show at Spurs tipped a balance - not sure, but for one thing, for a bloke who says he leaves all matters contractually in the hands of his agent he has a spectacular ability to talk about his future. If I was in his shoes and as good as he's become, I don't blame him wanting that bit of success that marks out a great career...I'd want it to be with us but it takes a special character to combine patience, loyalty and consistent brilliance to a single club. It makes them legends.

The disappointing bit from me is the lack of official statements - if he wants out - tell us and we move on. If you say you leave to your agent, let the little fat lad tell us his 99% nonsense. If you're signing, do it. Needs bringing to a conclusion one way or the other.

As a bad a PR exercise on both sides that I can recall since the Gerrard to Chelsea contract situation. Not sure either the Club, his agent or the player come out of this with any credit.

To be honest the whole thing smacks of the time there was a public and press discussion about Gerrard leaving for Chelsea - offended fan hysteria - limited facts - big story.

In that one, there was real interest from another Club and emotions ran high due to him being local and (arguably) loyal once he got what he wanted.

I'd love Lukaku to stay - perhaps our no show at Spurs tipped a balance - not sure, but for one thing, for a bloke who says he leaves all matters contractually in the hands of his agent he has a spectacular ability to talk about his future. If I was in his shoes and as good as he's become, I don't blame him wanting that bit of success that marks out a great career...I'd want it to be with us but it takes a special character to combine patience, loyalty and consistent brilliance to a single club. It makes them legends.

The disappointing bit from me is the lack of official statements - if he wants out - tell us and we move on. If you say you leave to your agent, let the little fat lad tell us his 99% nonsense. If you're signing, do it. Needs bringing to a conclusion one way or the other.

As a bad a PR exercise on both sides that I can recall since the Gerrard to Chelsea contract situation. Not sure either the Club, his agent or the player come out of this with any credit.

Moshiri's official mouthpiece Jim White has put a statement out mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back