Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whys everyone bothered? Hes not that good, is lazy and can't control a ball or hold it up according to the expert fans?
agree , but he scores goals with power , and pace in a pedestrian side imaging him in a very good top 4 side?
I agree though a team would have to play to his strengths as he still does have weaknesses only young yet though, imagine what he will be like if he ever improves the rest of his game - 100 million is the target to set sell for 90 million let there be a bidding war if he wants to go!

He's not just a football player, he's a commodity.

His agent will want at least 3 big money moves out of him before the end of his career.
That should be worth at least £30m for him.

Also, despite us offering a reported £140k per week, Man Utd and Chelsea would give him £200k+ and I'm sure his agent is aware of that, too.

As soon as I saw the 99.9999% quote, I knew Raiola was taking the Michael.
It's the same as a manager's vote of confidence.
Humbuggery of the highest order.

That's football, I suppose.

But we are Everton. We're bigger than any player and we'll move on.

It's worth remembering we won the league either side of Lineker's season with us as well.

This is not a head thing with me, it's an emotional thing. It's the rejection of my football club by a player who doesn't think it on par with his ambitions. My head says "He's probably quite correct. Everton are not CL material yet, and a footballers' career is short , so if he wants the glory, (and the money) he had better move on to a 'larger club'."

My heart says " If the buffoon can't see that we are two or three players away from achieving the very thing he covets, then bugger off sooner, not later. It's not that he wants to leave, it's the classless way he has gone about it. Bench him for the rest of the season."

I keep bouncing back and forth between the two viewpoints. The problem is that both are totally true for me, depending on my mood.

Cheers Lou - just read most recent posts on here so must have missed that - hadn't realised that's how we now conduct our business while the OS is silent! Still a sad situation that is being played out in public - needs certainty and by that I don't mean via the Yellow Tie Sky Man.

Why?

Reassuring and welcome statement but I respectfully suggest this rewrite;
"When I bought into Everton, I made it clear I was proud to join a family and we don't turn our backs on our own. Keeping Romelu Lukaku is a priority but we will not proceed with a new deal that will jeopardize his place at Everton."

This is not a head thing with me, it's an emotional thing. It's the rejection of my football club by a player who doesn't think it on par with his ambitions. My head says "He's probably quite correct. Everton are not CL material yet, and a footballers' career is short , so if he wants the glory, (and the money) he had better move on to a 'larger club'."

My heart says " If the buffoon can't see that we are two or three players away from achieving the very thing he covets, then bugger off sooner, not later. It's not that he wants to leave, it's the classless way he has gone about it. Bench him for the rest of the season."

I keep bouncing back and forth between the two viewpoints. The problem is that both are totally true for me, depending on my mood.
10 games to go with a gift presented to us of possible Europa League qualification from 7th spot.
Fortunately, we have built up a gap on the 8th team who have a tough run of fixtures and are going through a rough patch.
The timing disgusts me. The player is a fool if he leaked it and clearly doesn't respect his club.
He has to play and hope we finish 7th. Then, sell to a non English team in the Summer if we have any
bloob-allz.jpg

He's not just a football player, he's a commodity.

His agent will want at least 3 big money moves out of him before the end of his career.
That should be worth at least £30m for him.

Also, despite us offering a reported £140k per week, Man Utd and Chelsea would give him £200k+ and I'm sure his agent is aware of that, too.

As soon as I saw the 99.9999% quote, I knew Raiola was taking the Michael.
It's the same as a manager's vote of confidence.
Humbuggery of the highest order.

That's football, I suppose.

But we are Everton. We're bigger than any player and we'll move on.

It's worth remembering we won the league either side of Lineker's season with us as well.

The other telltale sign was that nonsense last week about the contract being "agreed" and just needed signing.

To unapologetically use a pun, many of us posted in this very thread that the writing was on the wall.

FFS did no bugger in the room gave a pen?

10 games to go with a gift presented to us of possible Europa League qualification from 7th spot.
Fortunately, we have built up a gap on the 8th team who have a tough run of fixtures and are going through a rough patch.
The timing disgusts me. The player is a fool if he leaked it and clearly doesn't respect his club.
He has to play and hope we finish 7th. Then, sell to a non English team in the Summer if we have any
bloob-allz.jpg

Blue balls? Ouch

He's never hidden his ambition & I think he's given us more time than he would have just after his loan spell, but the results haven't come & we're borderline EL atm. I think we should give him the clause he wants (or the tiered system mentioned earlier) and when he goes, know that we've more than doubled our money. If the alternative is to see him walk on a free when the current deal expires, then I'd rather we made some profit.

Then, all we need do is knock Chelsea out of the CL & go on to win it...that'll save us all huge therapy bills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back