Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if both Everton and Rom reached an agreement over the contract. I honestly believe he has no intention whatsoever of signing a new contract, regardless of how many sweeteners Everton throw in. I can see him going to Chelsea in the summer for a value in the region of £50-55m with the usual add ons.

Why would we sell him for a (relatively) low price when we rejected £60m (according to the press) from Chelsea last summer? Even if that bid wasn't true, surely he's worth more than £60m? And we don't have to sell. He might want out but there's no release clause on his current contract and he's still got two years left with us.

I'm not disagreeing that he probably does want to go back to Chelsea, just the amount you're suggesting.

If he does move I just hope it's abroad.

Reckon there's a good chance Chelsea would want him back and I'd be pissed off if he did return if only for the fact that all of their wierdo foreign fans who stalk him constantly on Twitter & Instagram will actually get their wish....

Why would we sell him for a (relatively) low price when we rejected £60m (according to the press) from Chelsea last summer? Even if that bid wasn't true, surely he's worth more than £60m? And we don't have to sell. He might want out but there's no release clause on his current contract and he's still got two years left with us.

I'm not disagreeing that he probably does want to go back to Chelsea, just the amount you're suggesting.

I agree, it is a conservative estimate. That is just me. If it is more then I'll be happy.

Good thing I was working for the outpouring of fume. Honestly don't know how to feel about it as all we have are half truths conjectures and the "reports" the always reputable media have put out along with a 6 second interview video where he smiles more than I've ever seen him smile in four years here. Then finally Moshiri says his piece. Hard to take all that info in and come really to any conclusion other than nobody you're talking to on here has any clue just like everyone other than Rom Raiola and Moshiri/Contract Guy.

Mere posturing from Lukaku's agent, we are 99.99999% sure. Hence we want a crap buyout clause of say £50m. Everton don't get mugged so they rightly say no deal. Rom's agent throws a strop.

So 3 things are gonna happen Rom gets a big big pay rise and stays.

Rom's valuation is met I'm saying at least £75m, don't care if you think I'm crazy. He's worth more than Pogba in my opinion and he goes.

Or Everton dig in and say your staying still and qualifying is for Champions league next season.

Whatever decision Everton reach, they should just do it soon. Ideally Madrid and PSG have a bidding war. Or better still he stays.

Simples

Why though?
Our new owner should accept £15 to £25mill less (for our club), just so that he doesn't play against us?
No mate. It's about finally making a statement "little ol' Everton" won't be used as a feeder club for the Sky 4 tapping up our best players.
Happy to sell him to Bayern for 50m than sell to Chelsea or Man Utd for 70m personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back