Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
however this shakes out, just increasingly tired of the Dramalu Lukaku. while i could certainly see it last year, while slogging along, this season we've seen marked improvement over the past two campaigns, and this calendar year we're playing particularly well.

just wish he'd stfu and play (and preferably like he has been rather than the closing months of last season)... let the club know his intention come May so we go to the Summer window ready.
but that's not how moves this big happen and he's got the right agent for big moves.

he's a professional, this is a part of being a professional footballer and when it comes time to play he does a great job. complaining about him as a person or player is weird and ridiculous behavior.

but that's not how moves this big happen and he's got the right agent for big moves.

he's a professional, this is a part of being a professional footballer and when it comes time to play he does a great job. complaining about him as a person or player is weird and ridiculous behavior.

Yeh & he does a lot for chariteee !

th

Depends how you view it mate, the bigger the club - then basically the smaller the window you have to impress, which is just the way it is.

He returned from the West Brom loan, and during the pre season etc didn't convince he was ready to play for them, so loaned out to a better team, repeated his scoring rate and started pretty much every week for a team that finished 5th - in large part due to him.

Returned to Chelsea - and yet again during the pre season he failed to convince the coaches he was ready, during that time i think chelsea bought Eto'o in and brought back a washed up Drogba rather than play Lukaku.

Mitigating circumstances ofc, but he did fail at Chelsea and given his frequent comments about wanting to be the clear number 1 at any team he went to then it shows that fighting for his place isn't something he relishes.

You go 5-7 games without scoring at a team like Chelsea, Bayern, Barca etc then you better be contributing hugely in your general all round play or your gonna be dropped fast, Lukaku is a pure out and out goalscorer first and foremost, at us - when he has had poor runs of games without scoring then we just keep playing him through it as we have absolutely no option but to do so, he repeats that after he moves then they will drop the player.

Only twice has he ever faced competition for his place - at Chelsea and he lost out to a ageing Eto'o and Drogba
at Belgium when he ended up being dropped for Origi during the tournament and where he has failed to get close to looking top class

I would say that is massive massive spin. He was a 19 year old lad.

Thats like saying Ross failed, in his poorer spell.

Ok, Rom's 8 games where not a huge success full of goals, but how many games did he start ??

He wanted out, not them flogging a dud, far from it.

there's some days you feel like just giving up on modern football
This is nothing new. Many players have wanted to leave Everton and either have or haven't.

We did well to get this year out of him after back to back bottom half finishes, for the first time in 15+ years.

And we're gonna get a shed load of money for him.

Tbh I'm pretty sure we will have him another year even if it means running his current contract to 1
Year.

Don't really have a problem with this one, he deserves Champions league football, it was clear that even if he did sign a new contract it'd have a release clause and it would be triggered pretty soon, he's too good for it not to be. If the rumours of us wanting the clause at £90m are true then i think that's about right.

The issue is that we'll never replace him regardless of how much money we get, hopefully he'll be signed by a European team and not to Chelsea or United.

Obviously you don't get to see everything, but Lukaku has seemed incredibly happy this season. He's also seemed very keen to support and mentor the younger players, and generally seems to be enjoying his time at the club. That's probably why we were so confident he'd sign for a bit longer. Very strange turn of events.

there's some days you feel like just giving up on modern football

There is no way I, as a young fellow, would fall in love with game as it is today, degs.

Nearly everything about the modern football leaves me cold.

And one of my biggest gripes is the unnecessary changing of strips.

Last night Juventus played Porto.

And the commentator remarked that both teams were playing, not in their change strips, but in their THIRD strip.

It really is barking.

i coined the term not as an insult directly to him, but rather the fact a lot more drama stems from his camp than others and seems to come up every couple months. It's more about the phenomenon, which I find repetitive and thus tiring.

as for the "he does a great job", he certainly has been, but if you remember when drama broke out last year, around this time, do you recall much after that spectacular cup goal against Chelsea? I don't. A quick trip down memory (wiki) lane sees McCarthy, Funes Mori, Baines, Kev and even Clev scoring for us after that. Nothing from Rom.

i do not want this current situation to lead a recurrence of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back