Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need the money, nor can we bring 50m+ players to the club even if we wanted to the moment. Run down his contract, get two years of him more, if he refuses, fine two years with no competitive football then good to him luck moving to a CL club. . Hard ball time?

Really? he is still in under contract and has over 2 years left.

Don't understand football fans!

If he didn't want to play you would be calling him fit to burn. However if the club choose not to play him because they cannot agree on a contract that's Ok by you?
I take it you applauded Moyes after he let you know he was going to United but still kept his job.

#SMALLTIME

We don't need the money, nor can we bring 50m+ players to the club even if we wanted to the moment. Run down his contract, get two years of him more, if he refuses, fine two years with no competitive football then good to him luck moving to a CL club. . Hard ball time?

What would the point of not playing him?

I can understand either cashing in now or letting his contract run down and actually using him for a further two years. But neither is just stupid.

I take it you applauded Moyes after he let you know he was going to United but still kept his job.

#SMALLTIME

No mate, I was unhappy that he was even allowed to be kept on when it was announced he was going there, actually bereft that anybody thought fit to applaud him!

So take your totally incorrect assumptions elsewhere my friend, they don't apply here.

I am failing to see the likeness between the two.

One is a manager who said he was leaving to move onto other things, the other a player under contract who has rejected a new contract as it is believed to have a clause in it which he does not want.

He needs the full Goodison hairdryer on Saturday
No he doesn't.

Whatever happens with his contract, the lad has given us 4 years service and we'll more than double our money on him. He's scored us hatfuls of goals and should be able to leave with his head held high. If he wants to play CL at this point then that's a choice he can make - assuming someone puts enough cash on the table for him in the summer.

Anyone who boos and gives him grief on Saturday is a flute.

No he doesn't.

Whatever happens with his contract, the lad has given us 4 years service and we'll more than double our money on him. He's scored us hatfuls of goals and should be able to leave with his head held high. If he wants to play CL at this point then that's a choice he can make - assuming someone puts enough cash on the table for him in the summer.

He shouldn't kick off mid season and should shut his mouth and say what he has to say in private to Ronald.

No he doesn't.

The thing is that he really should not say anything with 10 games to go. He can speak privately to the board rather than mouthpiecing with his agent who is a cart.

This is being driven by his agent, the player is just getting on with playing football.

Giving him grief at the game would be ridiculous and fortunately the vast majority of match goers will agree imo.
I thought you were overjoyed to get rid of Martinez signings? You've been quite chipper in the past IIRC. :coffee:

What is obvious in all this is far

Sounds easy but quite simply you can't do that even if you want to. A contracted player has to play a set number of games in a season if they don't they are entitled to say bye bye without a fee or compensation . The timing of this coming out is crucial as is the fact that he is 3 years into his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back