Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely this.

What's Lukaku worth a season to Everton, and Moshiri?
After this season, he has two more left on his deal.

We'd likely get any minimum fee Raiola in another year anyway - there will be clubs lining up...

If we dig our heels in this summer and try and force him to stay, it'd take a near record fee offer to force us into conceding imo.

Let's not forget that we didn't get any serious offers for him last summer. Will someone be prepared to put enough on the table that'll make us think that cashing in is the best option? I'm not so sure.

He's playing hard ball now. Trying to put pressure on us.

I'd even guess he is speaking with potential buyers, about letting Rom run his contract down to 12 months and getting him cheaper off us. But, reimbursing him and client on the difference of his current wages and the new contract offer.

Next season we might have a demotivated player on our hands?? Who knows, it's a tough one to play.

Aye - the demotivated player thing though could backfire massively, World Cup coming up next summer

No idea just how much that one year left compared to 2 years knocks off the price though myself, always think that whilst it does it then opens up much greater chances of there being multiple interested buyers which will drive the price up again...

say it's 50/50 if he's here next season - NO chance the season after he's here though

Aye - the demotivated player thing though could backfire massively, World Cup coming up next summer

No idea just how much that one year left compared to 2 years knocks off the price though myself, always think that whilst it does it then opens up much greater chances of there being multiple interested buyers which will drive the price up again...

say it's 50/50 if he's here next season - NO chance the season after he's here though

Tbh Stevon, that was the case either way - and still is.

Look, I thought Rom would sign. Half of me still thinks he will.

But there's no way - new deal or not - that he's here past summer 2018. He'll be 25 by then and ready for the biggest/best clubs in Europe.

I do think that there's a decent chance he'll stay this summer - new deal or not, though obviously if a bigger offer comes in and he hasn't signed, then he may be more likely to go.

I would have given him a time limit to sign the new contract, say last friday 5pm. If its unsigned it gets withdrawn simple as that. Then announce he is for sale at the end of the season, thank him for his efforts pictures shaking hands etc

Then offer him cash incentives to score against the filth, and win bonuses for remaining games, and also for european qualification
Hopefully he smashes goals in we beat the filth, finish higher up with european footy, and beacause lurkio has banged goals in left right and centre we get a massive fee, set by us, when he jogs on in summer and tweets that " we everton fans are always in his heart" .......

Couple of things to highlight.

1.Don't say he's for sale for goodness sake, there's no quicker way to devalue a player. All players are for sale, and if a club is interested they will make a bid.
2. He won't go to Man Utd, because then Mourinho would have to admit he made a mistake. Pogba was Fergie's mistake so when Fergie retired they could buy him.

Couple of things to highlight.

1.Don't say he's for sale for goodness sake, there's no quicker way to devalue a player. All players are for sale, and if a club is interested they will make a bid.
2. He won't go to Man Utd, because then Mourinho would have to admit he made a mistake. Pogba was Fergie's mistake so when Fergie retired they could buy him.
If point 2 was true, he'd have sold Mata from Man U

Our RB is scoring more goals than our midfielders. I see what you are saying but we would need to buy in 2-3 pacey goal scoring midfielders first.
Or maybe with Rom in the team we're not set up in a way to bring the most of the AMs we have? We know Barkley and Mirallas have goals in them. Lookman too if he can make the step up. But yeah more attacking options needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back