Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god mate, the most liley scenario is what @GrandOldTeam said a bit earlier about Riaola having a deal lined up at a certain price already, and that's why he wants that specific value of release clause inserted.

But if the club don't back down on that then he's faced with either losing a lot of money or cutting his losses and trying to get the best deal/profit he can do for his client (and thus himself)

Money etc may not be the driving force for Lukaku (although turning down an extra 70-90k per week is stretching how much it doesn't matter to him I'd guess), but one thing without any doubt is that the money is all that matters to his agent.

If i was a betting man, I actually think he will sign a new contract - with the release clause that he wants, but with it not being activated until summer 2018 and maybe a few extra quid thrown into the contract (or it being backdated etc) as an extra sweetener.
I'm saying what he's saying. He wants out, he wants it at a pre determined price and he wants a pay rise in the mean time. We ain't budging on the release clause. So in the summer if he goes it'll be for a price that we are happy with. If he doesn't Then it'll be down to Lukaku whether he wants to go another 6-12 months earning half what we have offered.

I am not talking about pedigree all day long because it can't be measure given that both are top footballers. What I am saying is you can't say one is better than the other because first, they play in different position. Second, it did not matter whether Pogba was great for his old club because currently he is not doing it at Man United while Lukaku scores for fun in the PL. If Lukaku is going he goes by our term and he will go at a fee (say £75m-£80m) which is similar to what Man United paid for Pogba. 10% discount because £85m-£89m was a desperate United price.
Pogba "currently" not doing it. I thought the Barkley situation had taught us not to judge players after a bad spell of form and ignore all the years of good form. I guess some will never learn.

You either have nous and see these things, or you don't.

Surprised how little that has been said.

As keep saying, Raiola doesn't book media appearances exclusively to say Lukaku's contract is all but done, then weeks later, follow up with 99.9% done style statements to make Evertonians happy.

His antics are to put pressure on to get that deal done to pave a move he will have all but lined up. He wants a deal signed to make it easier for him to engineer a move.

Last night was also a coordinated 5pm media release - the latest effort from Raiola to pile on and encourage Everton to relent to avoid derailing their season.

All just my opinion of course...

Sometimes we have to take our blue tinted glasses off and see the situation from other peoples view.

I've never believed Raiola, he said 99.9% back in December, and two weeks ago was saying the same and making out he's happy at the club.

If I was him, I'd get him a new bumper contract with us and nice signing on fee for myself knowing that I have a release clause which is suitable for a potential buyer and I got another signing on bonus in the summer.

Completely this.

What's Lukaku worth a season to Everton, and Moshiri?
After this season, he has two more left on his deal.

We'd likely get any minimum fee Raiola in another year anyway - there will be clubs lining up...

In terms of public/media perception then Lukaku is effectively priceless to the club I'd hazard a guess at.

It's all just a game being played out atm, all 3 parties have there own agenda and priorities, only one that matters to me is the clubs.

I think you're spot on mate.

Signing a new contract which will have come with signing on fees for player and agent, together with a rumoured back dating to June 2016, together with a release clause that Raiola KNEW that someone would pay this summer, was a win, win, win for him and his client.

Sounds like we've put a cog in his wheel and refused to roll over on the release clause, so he's gone public culminating in last nights coordinated press release. Moshiri has levelled him with his retort though, so we'll see what happens from here on in.
Agree 100%

He's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for him, simple as that really.

And as we all know, some clubs with big swinging dicks for chairmen, will pay over the odds to get what they want. Therefore, if he goes hopefully he will go to one of those clubs and we benefit from the fee brought in.

Last night I was thinking it was all a game and he will still be here next season.

Not so sure now, he's on course for over 20 goals and a CL club will be knocking on his door as he is a shoe in for domestic goals.

Sometimes we have to take our blue tinted glasses off and see the situation from other peoples view.

I've never believed Raiola, he said 99.9% back in December, and two weeks ago was saying the same and making out he's happy at the club.

If I was him, I'd get him a new bumper contract with us and nice signing on fee for myself knowing that I have a release clause which is suitable for a potential buyer and I got another signing on bonus in the summer.

Pretty much this.

One interesting thing that can be taken from this is that whatever the clubs valuation of him is, then Riaola knows that no one will pay that fee, otherwise he'd have probably already signed the deal, so one club at least was willing to go to 60m but no more

Club should stand firm on this though, lets face it look at the state of Riaola, he's one more 8 course meal away from Lukaku needing to find a new agent really

Pogba "currently" not doing it. I thought the Barkley situation had taught us not to judge players after a bad spell of form and ignore all the years of good form. I guess some will never learn.

True. Maybe when he adjusts to the league who knows he can be a world beater because he was quality at Juve but as I said he is playing in a different league now and if he plays an integral part in helping Man United winning the league next season or so then yes. However, there is always time when one is paying over the odd though.

True. Maybe when he adjusts to the league who knows he can be a world beater because he was quality at Juve but as I said he is playing in a different league now and if he plays an integral part in helping Man United winning the league next season or so then yes. However, there is always time when one is paying over the odd though.

There is a very good chance Pogba might not even be playing CL football himself next season.

Or an alternative way of looking at it could be, we might get a rather decent and hungry young striker in who wants to prove himself.

Who knows?

Griezmann wasn't a world star before he joined Athletico, Liverpool got Suarez from Ajax for 25M....they are out there, you just have to find them.

Why think worst case scenario? ie..we will get a Wilson, Bony or Deeney? That's just pure knee jerking.

The reality is most young strikers turn out to be bang average when they are older. We were lucky with Lukaku that he turned into world class player while he was with us. As a strategy, replacing him with a young striker who we hope becomes world class means we move backwards as a club.

There is a very good chance Pogba might not even be playing CL football himself next season.

It's the responsibility of the whole team but I really expect he dominates the midfield given the fee being spent on him. My United mate said he seems to try too much to impress due to the price tag.

We don't necessarily need a world class player to replace him. Not a proven finished article one at least.

RK looks to be building a high intensity midfield, with pacy and technically strong AMs. They just need a selfless CF to buzz off who can hold the ball up and bring them in to play and move intelligently.

I'd take Deeney.

Our RB is scoring more goals than our midfielders. I see what you are saying but we would need to buy in 2-3 pacey goal scoring midfielders first.

Pretty much this.

One interesting thing that can be taken from this is that whatever the clubs valuation of him is, then Riaola knows that no one will pay that fee, otherwise he'd have probably already signed the deal, so one club at least was willing to go to 60m but no more

Club should stand firm on this though, lets face it look at the state of Riaola, he's one more 8 course meal away from Lukaku needing to find a new agent really

He's playing hard ball now. Trying to put pressure on us.

I'd even guess he is speaking with potential buyers, about letting Rom run his contract down to 12 months and getting him cheaper off us. But, reimbursing him and client on the difference of his current wages and the new contract offer.

Next season we might have a demotivated player on our hands?? Who knows, it's a tough one to play.

The reality is most young strikers turn out to be bang average when they are older. We were lucky with Lukaku that he turned into world class player while he was with us. As a strategy, replacing him with a young striker who we hope becomes world class means we move backwards as a club.

I didn't say a "younger" striker, I said a "young" striker....ie similar age as Lukaku, who is in truth still a young lad.

The world is not going to collapse on us if Lukaku leaves, simple as really.

Get a decent striker in who is keen to prove himself and Rooney as well. DCL is coming through and seems highly rated by Koeman as does Lookman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back