Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiola has played a blinder I feel. All pally with our hierachy, stalling all this time, waiting for the right moment.
Will he get a fat fee for Lukaku signing a new deal? That deal has a release clause he knows will be met by those who want a top striker? Will he get a second fat fee for making that happen? Agents are pure snakes.. rich ones though!
Only two ways it can be seen as him playing a blinder. He gets Rom to go on some sort of strike lowering his value and forcing the sale OR Everton agree to a pathetic release fee on a new deal. I doubt either will happen.

Given that we have a rich owner now and that we will be unlikely to attract any player worth 50 m plus in any case at our current play level, we don't desperately need to sell him to buy new players...so, run down his contract on 70K a week for next 2 years just to enjoy him and his managers reaction. Yes, im feeling bitter at maybe losing one of the top handful of strikers in the world/future top 3.

Fume.

If his agent is arguing about the release clause value as some are reporting. It's likely that he has a deal set up in the summer for it.

I'd agree to the release value of 70 million but it doesn't come into effect until the summer of 2018 and if we qualify for the Champions League it's 85 million.

You either have nous and see these things, or you don't.

Surprised how little that has been said.

As keep saying, Raiola doesn't book media appearances exclusively to say Lukaku's contract is all but done, then weeks later, follow up with 99.9% done style statements to make Evertonians happy.

His antics are to put pressure on to get that deal done to pave a move he will have all but lined up. He wants a deal signed to make it easier for him to engineer a move.

Last night was also a coordinated 5pm media release - the latest effort from Raiola to pile on and encourage Everton to relent to avoid derailing their season.

All just my opinion of course...

If he downs tools on saturday, things could get interesting. Let's hope he remains professional and we get to finish the season strong.

Only two ways it can be seen as him playing a blinder. He gets Rom to go on some sort of strike lowering his value and forcing the sale OR Everton agree to a pathetic release fee on a new deal. I doubt either will happen.
One of them things will happen I reckon. We called Stones bluff the other year, people said he played crap since and it was to our detriment- I still think he's playing crap but he's in the CL quarter finals. Lukaku see's that. It may well be that Lukaku views 60-70 mill as a decent release amount to a CL club, and the club may of reneged on that, otherwise why the change in approach?

Or there is another alternative that i don't think a single poster or reporter has even thought about

Maybe the agent is actually just trying to get us to up that nice big wage rise a bit more before accepting the release clause we want etc?

If the offer we have made is 140k pw, then if he gets us to go 20k higher then yeah he has played a blinder really.

He's out of form at the moment but has far greater pedigree, to argue otherwise is silly.

I don't see how you can compare a striker and a midfielder and say one is better than the other because they are playing at the same level. Lukaku will be the top scorer in PL by May I don't see how Pogba suddenly set the league alight this season, sorry. He was overpriced because Man United wanted him so badly.

Like I say, it's opinion.

You either have nous and see these things, or you don't.

Surprised how little that has been said.

As keep saying, Raiola doesn't book media appearances exclusively to say Lukaku's contract is all but done, then weeks later, follow up with 99.9% done style statements to make Evertonians happy.

His antics are to put pressure on to get that deal done to pave a move he will have all but lined up. He wants a deal signed to make it easier for him to engineer a move.

Last night was also a coordinated 5pm media release - the latest effort from Raiola to pile on and encourage Everton to relent to avoid derailing their season.

All just my opinion of course...

Just your opinion as you state mate, but a very plausible one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back