Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
when he plays Saturday he will play like he usually does and score, we can all say what we want about rom, but he clearly likes being here and likes his team mates/manager staff etc he just wants to be playing in the champions league ( don't blame him ) just get behind the lad if he goes he goes we'll get top money and its up to us to spend it wisely

Andrea Belotti and Aubemeyang will on the radar of Europe's elite clubs ahead of Lukaku in my opinion.

It'd be weird if he went to UTD after being sold by Mourinho, but his agent loves flogging players to them whilst making a wad of money.

Chelsea seems like the obvious destination.

One of them things will happen I reckon. We called Stones bluff the other year, people said he played crap since and it was to our detriment- I still think he's playing crap but he's in the CL quarter finals. Lukaku see's that. It may well be that Lukaku views 60-70 mill as a decent release amount to a CL club, and the club may of reneged on that, otherwise why the change in approach?
Never forget the Martinez factor when judging anything between July 2014 and December 2016

You either have nous and see these things, or you don't.

Surprised how little that has been said.

As keep saying, Raiola doesn't book media appearances exclusively to say Lukaku's contract is all but done, then weeks later, follow up with 99.9% done style statements to make Evertonians happy.

His antics are to put pressure on to get that deal done to pave a move he will have all but lined up. He wants a deal signed to make it easier for him to engineer a move.

Last night was also a coordinated 5pm media release - the latest effort from Raiola to pile on and encourage Everton to relent to avoid derailing their season.

All just my opinion of course...
I think you're spot on mate.

Signing a new contract which will have come with signing on fees for player and agent, together with a rumoured back dating to June 2016, together with a release clause that Raiola KNEW that someone would pay this summer, was a win, win, win for him and his client.

Sounds like we've put a cog in his wheel and refused to roll over on the release clause, so he's gone public culminating in last nights coordinated press release. Moshiri has levelled him with his retort though, so we'll see what happens from here on in.

Or there is another alternative that i don't think a single poster or reporter has even thought about

Maybe the agent is actually just trying to get us to up that nice big wage rise a bit more before accepting the release clause we want etc?

If the offer we have made is 140k pw, then if he gets us to go 20k higher then yeah he has played a blinder really.
I can't see it. £140k per week puts Lukaku in a pretty exceptional wage bracket with illustrious company. I think he wants out and he wants the pay rise until he gets out whilst knowing his agent can start spreading the word if his cheap release fee. But Everton aren't playing ball.

The club have been brilliant on this so far.

As in, not being pushed around whilst making him a huge wage increase, not much more they can do.

Of course the bed wetting brigade will be telling you it's Moshiri who is forcing him out.

I don't see how you can compare a striker and a midfielder and say one is better than the other because they are playing at the same level. Lukaku will be the top scorer in PL by May I don't see how Pogba suddenly set the league alight this season, sorry. He was overpriced because Man United wanted him so badly.

Like I say, it's opinion.
Pogba has been an integral part of teams winning league titles, getting to CL and european championship finals for the last 5 years. Rom has been top scorer of a middling team in the premier league. In terms of pedigree they're worlds apart. And that's just on the field before you think of Pogba's value in terms of marketing. There's no reasonable way to expect Rom should command the same fee as Pogba.

You either have nous and see these things, or you don't.

Surprised how little that has been said.

As keep saying, Raiola doesn't book media appearances exclusively to say Lukaku's contract is all but done, then weeks later, follow up with 99.9% done style statements to make Evertonians happy.

His antics are to put pressure on to get that deal done to pave a move he will have all but lined up. He wants a deal signed to make it easier for him to engineer a move.

Last night was also a coordinated 5pm media release - the latest effort from Raiola to pile on and encourage Everton to relent to avoid derailing their season.

All just my opinion of course...
Exactly. In my opinion of course.

Well done to Moshiri and the board for standing firm.

I think you're spot on mate.

Signing a new contract which will have come with signing on fees for player and agent, together with a rumoured back dating to June 2016, together with a release clause that Raiola KNEW that someone would pay this summer, was a win, win, win for him and his client.

Sounds like we've put a cog in his wheel and refused to roll over on the release clause, so he's gone public culminating in last nights coordinated press release. Moshiri has levelled him with his retort though, so we'll see what happens from here on in.

Completely this.

What's Lukaku worth a season to Everton, and Moshiri?
After this season, he has two more left on his deal.

We'd likely get any minimum fee Raiola in another year anyway - there will be clubs lining up...

I can't see it. £140k per week puts Lukaku in a pretty exceptional wage bracket with illustrious company. I think he wants out and he wants the pay rise until he gets out whilst knowing his agent can start spreading the word if his cheap release fee. But Everton aren't playing ball.

The club have been brilliant on this so far.

As in, not being pushed around whilst making him a huge wage increase, not much more they can do.

Of course the bed wetting brigade will be telling you it's Moshiri who is forcing him out.

Oh god mate, the most liley scenario is what @GrandOldTeam said a bit earlier about Riaola having a deal lined up at a certain price already, and that's why he wants that specific value of release clause inserted.

But if the club don't back down on that then he's faced with either losing a lot of money or cutting his losses and trying to get the best deal/profit he can do for his client (and thus himself)

Money etc may not be the driving force for Lukaku (although turning down an extra 70-90k per week is stretching how much it doesn't matter to him I'd guess), but one thing without any doubt is that the money is all that matters to his agent.

If i was a betting man, I actually think he will sign a new contract - with the release clause that he wants, but with it not being activated until summer 2018 and maybe a few extra quid thrown into the contract (or it being backdated etc) as an extra sweetener.

If someone bid 70m for Rom I'd bite their hand off without a 2nd thought.

Problem is that in our current league position there is no way we are going to get another world class player to replace him- its unlikely anyone worth 45-50m + would come to Everton at the moment. we will lose a world class player and get a journeyman striker in his place (Deeny, Boney, Benteke, Wilson, etc).

Pogba has been an integral part of teams winning league titles, getting to CL and european championship finals for the last 5 years. Rom has been top scorer of a middling team in the premier league. In terms of pedigree they're worlds apart. And that's just on the field before you think of Pogba's value in terms of marketing. There's no reasonable way to expect Rom should command the same fee as Pogba.

I am not talking about pedigree all day long because it can't be measure given that both are top footballers. What I am saying is you can't say one is better than the other because first, they play in different position. Second, it did not matter whether Pogba was great for his old club because currently he is not doing it at Man United while Lukaku scores for fun in the PL. If Lukaku is going he goes by our term and he will go at a fee (say £75m-£80m) which is similar to what Man United paid for Pogba. 10% discount because £85m-£89m was a desperate United price.

Problem is that in our current league position there is no way we are going to get another world class player to replace him- its unlikely anyone worth 45-50m + would come to Everton at the moment. we will lose a world class player and get a journeyman striker in his place (Deeny, Boney, Benteke, Wilson, etc).
We don't necessarily need a world class player to replace him. Not a proven finished article one at least.

RK looks to be building a high intensity midfield, with pacy and technically strong AMs. They just need a selfless CF to buzz off who can hold the ball up and bring them in to play and move intelligently.

I'd take Deeney.

Or an alternative way of looking at it could be, we might get a rather decent and hungry young striker in who wants to prove himself.

Who knows?

Griezmann wasn't a world star before he joined Athletico, Liverpool got Suarez from Ajax for 25M....they are out there, you just have to find them.

Why think worst case scenario? ie..we will get a Wilson, Bony or Deeney? That's just pure knee jerking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back