Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshi has spoken. Don't panic chaps! Supporters are making themselves look very foolish with the level of fume.I thought the Blue Union 'secret ' recording was the terminal moment of the 'laughing stock' feeling at this club. But the levels of panic and misunderstanding in this thread are hilarious. Player holds out for better contract after doing everything asked of him on the pitch, and may or not leave, and probably will leave eventually. So freaking what ? Players leave clubs for big money all the time...and we have reaped the benefits of this in the past. One guarantee about football...someone is always leaving somewhere.

Hi agent is the issue in all this by stating his contract is nearly done and dusted, then a massive U-Turn.

Personally, I have no problem with what's happening.
He signed for 5 years on circa £70k per week. If he continues as he is playing for the next 2 years then he has fulfilled his contract that he signed. He never signed with an idea that he will sign again in order for Everton to make a big profit from him. He intimated at the start that this was a stepping stone for him and from that moment onwards I have had no warmth towards him.
I don't love him or hate him. Although after his performances towards the back end of last season, and last summer where he told all manner of news agencies that he wanted to move, I haven't cheered his goals at Goodison all season - apart from the last couple of games where, weirdly, he has looked like he wanted to be here. Made a fool out of me. I'll remain in my seat if he hits the back of the net on Saturday.

He doesn't want to be here, but I see it that Everton hold the cards:
- They make him see out his contract as he promised. Lose him for free. We have a £250k a week striker for £70k a week for 2 years. If he doesn't perform then he is dropped and not seen for 2 years.
or
- They sell him this/next summer at a price that is acceptable by the club
or
- RL agrees to the terms, or compromised terms, on the table and we get him extended and secured.

Anyway, when all is said and done - I AM NOT ARSED.

What's baffled me is how he's started to look like he wants to be here, working harder and celebrating when we score.

He didn't seem to do that until the last 2 months.

So it's basically coming out tonight that in his own quotes he wants to leave. That's what the echo are hinting at, he's probably done an interview. Probably can't come out due to the embargo etc. If he has done an interview expressing his desire to leave then that's a right slap in the face and an absolute classless move from him

He's been going ever since the day he arrived, and yet these bids from his dream clubs never seem to materialise.

Everton still win and lose the same games with him up front as they did with Fellaini and Jelavic, so I'm not really arsed either way.

So it's basically coming out tonight that in his own quotes he wants to leave. That's what the echo are hinting at, he's probably done an interview. Probably can't come out due to the embargo etc. If he has done an interview expressing his desire to leave then that's a right slap in the face and an absolute classless move from him

The Red Echo revelling in bad news for the Blues. Surely not?

Don't buy it, don't click on it, let it die...

Prentice was hinting at that before.

Someone was saying there was no proof of any of this

And prebticevreplied that there will be tonight and it's "disappointing and unequivocal"

Prentice was hinting at that before.

Someone was saying there was no proof of any of this

And prebticevreplied that there will be tonight and it's "disappointing and unequivocal"
Dreading it. He's done himself no favours whatsoever if indeed its true.

Can't keep his big egotistical mouth shut at a crucial stage in our season

Dreading it. He's done himself no favours whatsoever if indeed its true.

Can't keep his big egotistical mouth shut at a crucial stage in our season
I think his agent is to blame, he went public to force Everton's hand, underestimated us, we sent him packing and there is no way that this 99% story could run for the next 12 weeks, if they already knew it wasn't happening. The club have put this out there, probably to tell Riola to pipe down.

He's not taking Everton for mugs, like he did when he took 8 figures away from the Pogba-UTD-Juve deal.

Money leaving the game through rats like him, fortunately he messed with the wrong club. So we will sell him for what we say, not what Lukaku and Motormouth say.

This comment by Camden on the Echo site pretty much sums everything up for me.

And a few weeks ago the echo published a few articles questioning why he isn't adored by the fans. The answer is simple, he constantly disrespects the club by talking about moving, it's only due to the fickleness of football that he is forgiven because of his talent. He's the best striker we have had in my lifetime yet he will never be an Everton legend like Cahill or Ferguson even though he has more talent than both. No one is bigger than the club and we need to sell before he causes problems in the dressing room but he shouldn't be allowed to dictate where he goes, only sell him to a foreign team we can NOT strengthen one of our rivals.

Sounds like posturing on the part of Rom, then the club (through Moshiri) and probs Rom again if comments in this thread are accurate.
If so, then cue the club tempering our disappointment by announcing the Bramley Moore site is a full scale goer for us. Please please let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back