Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Benzema has that great an all round game but he knows how to score and it works for Real. In fact, I think Rom is a better finisher and the rest of his game has been improving and he's only 23.

I think with the kind of service he'd get at either of those teams he'd be scoring for fun and the rest of his game would improve a lot. I don't think either of those teams need him at present but I'm pretty definate he'd do well at either.

Need to have a great first touch and intuitive movement to be forward there.

He has neither.

Those on the Bank of the Waters of Frandliness, today:

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

Yep I agree with all that mate. And since Rooney left I have always accepted we'd never keep world class players. It hurt more with Wayne as he was one of us.

I have no problem with Lukaku going. However the club should have managed this situation better. Not allowed it to leak out that he'd be signing. That's humiliated us. Also we shouldn't have let this derail us with 10
games to go.

Mate the club can't control his agent, it's impossible. He held up the worlds most expensive transfer single handily until he got his cut.

Agents work for their clients, they do what they need to do get what they want. And in our case it meant telling the world he was 99% done.

Yep I agree with all that mate. And since Rooney left I have always accepted we'd never keep world class players. It hurt more with Wayne as he was one of us.

I have no problem with Lukaku going. However the club should have managed this situation better. Not allowed it to leak out that he'd be signing. That's humiliated us. Also we shouldn't have let this derail us with 10
games to go.

yep the Rooney one hurt bad mate, that's the worst I've ever felt and nothing will ever come close.

For once I ain't gonna slag Everton off with how we've dealt with it, agent played a game, player played the game, we've tried to play the game, they believe they are winning whatever game they are all now playing but I'd like to think we will be dignified. Let's see if he says anything later on mate.

I do enjoy joy a good fume but that's just the let down Evertonian in me ;)

The other thing is though, that none of them announced they wouldn't sign a contract based within a week of sources close to their club announcing they'd sign.

If he goes he goes, but I do worry about credibility currently. We've been made to look really stupid. A lot of this is Raiolas doing, but we've happily gone along with it and been burnt.

They all left within 13 months of each other.

Footballs lost its soul. Ranieri sacked after winning the league. Lukaku becomes our record premier league goalscorer and he's making for a move with 10 games left and us closing on the clubs above us. If it's true he's put a transfer request in now he can get to f@&k. I don't care if he's our only decent striker if he doesn't want to be here then he can't play.

It's going to be the standard bitter end to an everton players career who could have gone on to be a legend at the club. So so selfish and lacks respect completely. Yes he deserves a move and champions league football but why do it now? He's just ruined the end to our season if the transfer request is true. Why don't footballers go out and build something where they are and actually achieve something at a club, pushing the club on? Instead if they don't get what they want they just complain in the media and move on. Football is dead.

Need to have a great first touch and intuitive movement to be forward there.

He has neither.

I think Rom does have great movement. You don't score the amount of goals he has for us without getting in to good positions because we don't have that many midfielders who can open up defences easily.

On his first touch I think sometimes his first touch is exceptional but sometimes it's poor. I'd say it's inconsistent more than bad but he's done some beautiful link up play this season. If he keeps on working on it as he has been he'll become great imo.

Lukaku's biggest weakness imo is his lack of fight. He rarely competes in the air and tends to back out of some challenges that he should be winning.

Why are people acting like he is the only striker in world football that can score goals in the PL? There will always be others (Fowler, Cole, Owen, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Henry to name a few) were all before Lukaku and there will be plenty after him, its about getting the next one in.

People acting like he's a Messi/Ronaldo (old) hybrid and its the end of days if he goes.

Hopefully, he has been reminded by the club that he is still under contract and obligated to Everton FC, whatever behind closed door deals are being negotiated between his toxic representative and other clubs right now. As the Mosh said in his statement, he is an Everton player. He is not a free agent, and therefore needs to choose his words very carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back