Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have told Raiola not to go to press declaring how close we are to signing. When White asked us I'd have said that talks were ongoing and not done.

Basically done everything in my power to ensure the message that he'd sign wouldn't be made public (until he had). Don't raise expectations you can't meet.
sorry read it it as i told...

The interviews actually a positive, not in terms of him staying but in terms of it putting more pressure on us to have a big summer in the transfer market.

Or it could be a sign that the new owner is an epic fraud, but im not buying into that theory yet.

That was actually quite a refreshing interview to read from a footballer. He clearly means every word of it.

I think one of the players he mentioned is obviously Gabbiadini. I think he tweeted about him to Bolasie after he scored recently. Wasn't it Koeman who pulled the plug on that?

It'll reflect poorly on Moshiri and possibly Koeman if we don't hold on to him for me. Sounds like we could have done more. It'd be a massive loss to the club. The lad's approaching world class and is clearly a bright, grounded fella. Not many of them knocking around.

And yet it doesn't sound over. He clearly hasn't talked with the board properly about ambitions as he's focused on playing so maybe we could convince him to give us another year.
Dodgy that we expected him to sign a new 5 year deal without even detailing what's going on with the club investment wise. Does make me wonder if a) he's being truthful there and b) moshiri is going to push us on as much as we were expecting. Proof is in the pudding, 6 months time we will know a lot more about what's really going on at everton and the true level of ambition we now have.

He and Raiola have been playing us for months. The last three days have been a hissy fit from them as it looked like they weren't going to get the guaranteed exit and payday they wanted.

While some things he's said are true, don't buy into this notion that Romelu Lukaku wants better for Everton than the club does. He's actively trying to smear the club to secure his exit on his terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back