Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he always have to come off as a classless idiot ?! Maybe we wouldn't wax lyrical about teams from the past if the present teams were winning things. While I understand his frustration.... it doesn't come close to ours ! He is well paid and has some control over the team's performances. ( Perhaps finishing a chance or two vs. Utd in last years FA Cup semi would have been a start . )
As I said previously in this thread.... good player / thanks for the service but when you move on do it with some class. ( and if you don't move on ...work hard to be a better player and improve the team. )

sigh .... Everton ....you are exhausting ....

That was actually quite a refreshing interview to read from a footballer. He clearly means every word of it.

I think one of the players he mentioned is obviously Gabbiadini. I think he tweeted about him to Bolasie after he scored recently. Wasn't it Koeman who pulled the plug on that?

It'll reflect poorly on Moshiri and possibly Koeman if we don't hold on to him for me. Sounds like we could have done more. It'd be a massive loss to the club. The lad's approaching world class and is clearly a bright, grounded fella. Not many of them knocking around.

And yet it doesn't sound over. He clearly hasn't talked with the board properly about ambitions as he's focused on playing so maybe we could convince him to give us another year.

He contradicts himself though - he alludes that Koeman told him good things in the Summer and that he knows what players we were after.....yet he knows nowt?
The math doesn't add up.

Lots of hypocrisy in his interview. I think he's massively trying to play the innocent card and saving face by saying the right things.

Used City as an example yet I dont remember them signing world class players the first two windows after their takeover.

He's bluffing. That or he doesn't understand these changes take longer than two windows.

The Mosh right now

this-is-fine.0.jpg

Summer transfer window ended in August.
Winter transfer window ended in January.
Last week he was 99.99% certain to sign the contract.
Sell-on clause?

I think it's also fair to compare us to Man city, and in a way he's saying he would stay at EFC if we move that fast, as he says that Vincent Company says they did at MC. All these big stars, Toure, Aguero, Costa, Silva, Luiz etc, have gone to nouveau riche clubs like Chelsea and Man City, and not to the traditional big clubs, Arsenal Man U Liverpool, because they were happy with the future, not the past. I think Rom is actually challenging the club to actually grow fast, and not just talk about it.

Fair enough, I like the interview. "I'm ambitious, do you match my ambitions?"
Like it - a winning, ruthless mentality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back