Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with us is for me we are the perfect fit in every way for Lukaku,everything we do it works well most of the time,the way we play,he always has space to run into,been able to run v the back 4 or 5 of the oppo,we are a counter attacking team most of the time,and can mix it up when we need to,i get the feeling Lukaku might not do as well as he thinks at other teams,he will score goals but i think they will be spread out more between his pos new team which could make him frustrated etc,wanting to move does not always go down well for certain players

Yes yes the lads been on the move for years, sees us as a stepping stone had his father and agent in the press saying he's moving but it's the fans forcing him out?. Come around to yourself lad.
You have absolutely no idea what his feelings are other than the quotes he gave at the event. Stop acting as if you know where others don't and everyone who doesn't share your opinion is somehow naive.

I swear I don't know where this narrative that Rom's going because the fans don't love him enough is coming from. Like anything we do or say matters a jot to the fella and he'd be here for life if we only adored him. It's the height of ridiculous.

You have absolutely no idea what his feelings are other than the quotes he gave at the event. Stop acting as if you know where others don't and everyone who doesn't share your opinion is somehow naive.
I'm going on what the lad and his advisors have said and have always said. I'm not trying to interpret his feelings on the matter he's been singing the same tune since he's joined.

I swear I don't know where this narrative that Rom's going because the fans don't love him enough is coming from. Like anything we do or say matters a jot to the fella and he'd be here for life if we only adored him. It's the height of ridiculous.
This narrative is being built in your head just like the imaginary narrative you've constructed about his intentions.

I'm going on what the lad and his advisors have said and have always said. I'm not trying to interpret his feelings on the matter he's been singing the same tune since he's joined.
I believe anything coming close to a statement saying "I want to leave" was before he met with Koeman and Moshiri.

Things they might've said to convince him to stay might not have come off in the timeframe he wanted to thus the interview.

Two major differences between the two

1 Griezman has another 4 years left on his contract. In other words he is contracted to 2021.Atletico persuaded him to sign a contract extension.

2 In Spanish football part of the contract is how much a player has to pay to buy out hiself out of it. In Greizmans case that is €100 million

I am not quite sure many grasp the dettermential impact on a players value when just 2 years of a players contract is left or indeed the near inevitability of a player leaving when they want out.

I would be staggered if anyone will offer over £65 million indeed if he doesn't go in the next transfer window history suggests that very few of the bigger clubs by big in the January window meaning that if he doesn't go this close season he probably will leave, unless a new contract is signed, for around half of his current value

Look back to the whole Stones saga and all the bravado yet off he went.

Can understand that but if he signs anew 5 year deal and only if the release clause is £60m like it's been speculated and he still leaves in the summer then we've gained sod all from making him sign it. Only having 2 years left on his deal means sod all these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back