Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two major differences between the two

1 Griezman has another 4 years left on his contract. In other words he is contracted to 2021.Atletico persuaded him to sign a contract extension.

2 In Spanish football part of the contract is how much a player has to pay to buy out hiself out of it. In Greizmans case that is €100 million

I am not quite sure many grasp the dettermential impact on a players value when just 2 years of a players contract is left or indeed the near inevitability of a player leaving when they want out.

I would be staggered if anyone will offer over £65 million indeed if he doesn't go in the next transfer window history suggests that very few of the bigger clubs by big in the January window meaning that if he doesn't go this close season he probably will leave, unless a new contract is signed, for around half of his current value

Look back to the whole Stones saga and all the bravado yet off he went.
Easy for you to say!

Everyone wants the same but timelines are much different I think.

I think Rom is in a tricky position if he goes abroad hes not going to get anything like the wages or profile he does in the PL. While teams like Juventus or Bayern can afford say 80mill, its a significant outlay for them and as such they wont be rushing into any deal.

If he leaves us and moves to another PL team where is he going to go better that doesnt have the position he plays filled:

Utd: Ibra, Rashford, Martial
Chelsea: Costa, Bata
City, Aguero, Jesus, Ineach
Spurs: Kane, Jansen, Son
Arsenal: Sanchez, Giroud, Perez
Hes not going across the park thats for sure.

He will have the same problem, he had when he came here, he may not get the game time to play at clubs with CL football next year. He would go nuts without regular football.

I'm not convinced that Elstone is ever going to leave the club tbh, let alone Kenwright (certainly not whilst they have their health anyway).

I think Rom is in a tricky position if he goes abroad hes not going to get anything like the wages or profile he does in the PL. While teams like Juventus or Bayern can afford say 80mill, its a significant outlay for them and as such they wont be rushing into any deal.

If he leaves us and moves to another PL team where is he going to go better that doesnt have the position he plays filled:

Utd: Ibra, Rashford, Martial
Chelsea: Costa, Bata
City, Aguero, Jesus, Ineach
Spurs: Kane, Jansen, Son
Arsenal: Sanchez, Giroud, Perez
Hes not going across the park thats for sure.

He will have the same problem, he had when he came here, he may not get the game time to play at clubs with CL football next year. He would go nuts without regular football.
I just wonder whether Ibra really wants to go the MLS and whether Mourinho has seen himself proved wrong by Lukaku.

I agree about the foreign teams bit. I think his only option this summer will be if PSG come in for him. Then if no resolution is found he'll have plenty of suitors in summer 18.

Will Lukaku get 'injured' in training today, for the good of the club? If he plays tomorrow, there will almost certainly be some of our fans
booing him (For a good reason or not). I should imagine Big Dunc. will put Lukaku right because of his short spell at Newcastle and the
stick that he got from our fans. Koeman as good as said on Sky sports that he was going to give Lukaku a rollicking for his honest
interview. (In fact Lukaku said what most Evertonians think). Or is all this 'Stage managed'. Now Koeman is threatening Barkley (Publicly.)
to sign up new or be transferred, maybe Barkley wants to see what happens to his mate 'Rom' before he signs. I think that whatever
happens, all this chat going on, has already been 'Done & Dusted' behind closed doors.
I don't think it's stage managed mate. I just think it's RK being brutally honest, which is what he is.

Said he wasn't happy with some of what Rom said in his interview. I think that would specifically be criticising the clubs ambition (because he made specific reference to that) and also the bit about our tactics in the big games. RK said he'd already spoken to Rom about it and that the comments were not serious enough for him not to be considered for Saturday's game. From a disciplinary point of view I think RK has now drawn a line under it.

Regarding Ross's contract, he was again responding honestly to a question asked of him. When asked if it was an ultimatum he said no that's too strong a word. It's just football. In other words, the club won't be prepared for Ross, or anybody else that we want to keep hold of, to run down his contract. It wasn't a staged public warning for Ross, he was just answering a question in the way he always does.

He'll have spoken to both Rom and Ross privately on these matters and I'm sure everything is fine with them.

Rom wants gone but due to what the club have said and the contract situation he's not getting gone so he's decided to go public and sour the atmos to force a move. He's no hero lads.

This. He's a Judas.
Why is it that not only the press jump to conclusions and try and "force" people out of clubs but now our fans are doing it?

Is it possible you have no idea what's going on like the rest of us? Why do you feel so unequivocal in your belief that he's attempting to engineer a move? Is there some ITK info you're privy to?

One thing with Rom to UTD is Jose.

They publicly didn't fall out, but there relationship was uncomfortable to say the least.

Has Rom got what he didn't have previously? Will Rom 'trust' Jose to make him his number one? Will Jose trust Rom to build his UTD team around?

One thing with Rom to UTD is Jose.

They publicly didn't fall out, but there relationship was uncomfortable to say the least.

Has Rom got what he didn't have previously? Will Rom 'trust' Jose to make him his number one? Will Jose trust Rom to build his UTD team around?
I can't see him going to United.

Chelsea maybe but only if Costa leaves

City? Nope.

Arsenal? Meh

PSG is where I think he'll end up tbh.

I just wonder whether Ibra really wants to go the MLS and whether Mourinho has seen himself proved wrong by Lukaku.

I agree about the foreign teams bit. I think his only option this summer will be if PSG come in for him. Then if no resolution is found he'll have plenty of suitors in summer 18.

I dont think Ibra will go anywhere, he said as much yesterday, he may go in a year or so, i think Utd have the option for the extra year anyway, Ibra loves playing silly buggers with the press.

I don't think it's stage managed mate. I just think it's RK being brutally honest, which is what he is.

Said he wasn't happy with some of what Rom said in his interview. I think that would specifically be criticising the clubs ambition (because he made specific reference to that) and also the bit about our tactics in the big games. RK said he'd already spoken to Rom about it and that the comments were not serious enough for him not to be considered for Saturday's game. From a disciplinary point of view I think RK has now drawn a line under it.

Regarding Ross's contract, he was again responding honestly to a question asked of him. When asked if it was an ultimatum he said no that's too strong a word. It's just football. In other words, the club won't be prepared for Ross, or anybody else that we want to keep hold of, to run down his contract. It wasn't a staged public warning for Ross, he was just answering a question in the way he always does.

He'll have spoken to both Rom and Ross privately on these matters and I'm sure everything is fine with them.
It would be interesting to know if Koeman is still treating him with kid gloves behind the scenes - at least in comparison to the other players - after this.

He seems the type to tell him straight that if his reputation was as big as he thinks it is, he wouldn't have spent the last five seasons at Everton and West Brom.

I thought he'd learned a lesson after Juventus had 'fallen in love' with him so much that they spent £90m on Higuain.

It would be interesting to know if Koeman is still treating him with kid gloves behind the scenes - at least in comparison to the other players - after this.

He seems the type to tell him straight that if his reputation was as big as he thinks it is, he wouldn't have spent the last five seasons at Everton and West Brom.

I thought he'd learned a lesson after Juventus had 'fallen in love' with him so much that they spent £90m on Higuain.
I imagine the conversation went something like

Do you think I'd be wasting my time here if the club lacked ambition.

Leave the tactics up to me. If you have any issues come and talk to me not the press.

But Okay. get a hat trick on Saturday and all is forgotten.

Why is it that not only the press jump to conclusions and try and "force" people out of clubs but now our fans are doing it?

Is it possible you have no idea what's going on like the rest of us? Why do you feel so unequivocal in your belief that he's attempting to engineer a move? Is there some ITK info you're privy to?
Yes yes the lads been on the move for years, sees us as a stepping stone had his father and agent in the press saying he's moving but it's the fans forcing him out?. Come around to yourself lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back